The battle within- Chapter 4

Cinders landed in a dark forest. We walked around the trees, tripping over the fallen logs and stones. We came to a small clearing lit by a fire in the middle, surrounded by stones. There was a small hut on the side, made from twigs, and logs. A figure approached us, covered in a dark cloak, with the hood pulled over his head and a bulging bag over his shoulder.

“What brings you here?”  he said in a low voice.

“We were just looking for a place to sleep tonight; we can go now if you want us to. Sorry to disturb,” I said.

Suddenly a bat landed on his shoulder.

“Please, please stay,” he said, “I’ve been a bit lonely lately anyway.”

“Okay we will,” I replied, putting down my stuff.

We talked for a while around the fire.

“You look familiar,” he said looking at Cinders, “I’ve helped you before haven’t I?” He asked. Cinders shyly nodded. “That’s right! You’re the one that got stuck didn’t you?” He asked. Cinders nodded again.

“What are you talking about?” I ask.

“Cinders here came to me whist she was a very young bird. She was being abused and had tried everything to make it stop. So she ran away and found me.  The mysterious merchant! I help all, fix all and give anything! My friend here,” he gestured to the bat that landed on his shoulder earlier. “He fly’s around and tells me when someone needs my powers. He found Cinders here and we already knew what she needed. I used one of my spells that turned her from a phoenix to a griffin but the spell was faulty I’m afraid. She got stuck between a phoenix and griffin, that’s why she’s a griffin with fire. Extremely rare might I add. Her parents couldn’t recognize her any more. So they no longer beat her. She ran away and eventually found you.” He said.

“Why didn’t you tell me?” I asked Cinders. Pain and sorrow flicked through her eyes. “It’s okay, I understand.” I said.

“You missy,” he said looking at me, “You need something too don’t you? Something that is crucial to your adventure. Something like this,” he said pulling out a handful of different colored flower petals from his bag. These are not from your average flower; each one gives you a special power once you eat it in your time of need. It will wear off when you no longer need it. The blue one gives you the ability to empathize with someone you are against, like an enemy. The green one allows you to give gentleness to everyone, no matter what they have done to you before.  The pink one allows you to read someone’s mind, the only thing about that is that they can feel you and know that you are reading their mind. The brown one gives you strength, not just physical but mental too, when you are feeling so weak that you think that you cannot do anything this will give you strength. Lastly the yellow one makes you smarter,  you will be able to think of the best strategy, the safest route and the smartest attack, it will help you figure out your opponents weakness. Now my dear I know this can be a lot of information to digest so I shall give you all of them because you will need them on your adventure. Now you can only eat one at a time, don’t try to eat another until the previous one that you have aet has completely worn off. Also you mustn’t tell anyone about them or me or Cinders history with me. Are we clear?” He asked giving me a small bag full of these items.

“Yes, thank you,” I replied.

“Now you need your rest, come,” he stood up and led us to the hut. Inside he had a jar of fireflies each one a different colour which illuminated the room bright green, blue and purple. He took us to a small room, big enough for Cinders and I to sleep comfortably.

“Goodnight,” he said and walked out, closing the door behind him. I curled up next to Cinders and fell asleep in her warm embrace, with the petals in my hand.

_______________________________________________________________________________

Thank you all so much for reading this, it means a lot to me! Sorry i haven't updated for a while, I'll try to make up for it. If you like this stroy please vote and comment and tell your friends! If you want to give me any ideas I will either dedicate a character to you or give you a dedication. Thank you all so much again! Ash? >.<