The Battle Within Chapter 3

The giant reaches out and almost grabs Cinders tail.

“Cinders quick, fly close to the ground!” I shout.  She does what I say and soon we are flying so close to the ground that the small trees and grass wipes my legs as we fly past at neck breaking speed. Suddenly Cinders jerks left, then right, then left again. I soon realize it’s the zigzag technique that she is using. Smart thinking. Too soon we are at the edge of the page, we are trapped.

“Fe fi fo fum I smell the blood of the chosen one,” the giant yells. What do we do? Cinders has landed and I got to my feet, raising my sword.

 “What do you want?” I shout at the giant.

“What a silly question from a silly girl,” he says.

“I’m not silly!” I scream and start charging at him. He is too big and too strong, he flicked me and I went flying, I hit the edge of the page and fell to a heap on the ground. Cinders runs over and starts crying, her tears are magic and heal me. I soon stand and put my sword away. Instead I grab my bow, I light the tip of my arrow on fire from Cinders tail. I aim and fire, straight at the giants eye.

“OWWWWW,” The giant bellows at the top of his lungs. He starts running at me. I light the tip of another arrow, aim and fire at his other eye.

“ARGGGGG,” he screams.

“Quick Cinders, let’s get out of here while we can,” I whisper. Cinders lets me get on her back and we fly off again.

“Do you know where somewhere safe is?” I ask Cinders, my house got destroyed. She just keeps flying, but she knows where she’s going. An hour later we reached the other side of the page. Cinders landed just before it. I stand up and walk around; there is a forest, a lake and sand. We are surrounded by animals. Cinders picks up a large blue stone with her beak and throws it at the edge of the page. 

“Cinders what are you doing?” I ask. As soon as I said it the page edge that was originally orange like the walls of Chelsea’s room is now various shaded of blue, swirling around like a circle, getting deeper in the middle.

“Cinders…” I say. Cinders just walks over and I get on her back. She fly’s through it and it closes behind us. We are surrounded by black for what feels like forever until there is an opening at the other end.

Cinders fly’s in and lands on a bookshelf.

“Where are we?” I ask, looking around. We are in a murky room, filled with millions of books. Cinders walks off, I quickly follow. She navigates around the bookshelves like she knows the place. I never knew there could be this many books in one place. Cinders leads me to a glass box with an old book inside, with yellowing pages. There is a beam of light shining on it from an open window above. It looks magical. We climb up and stand above the book on the glass.

“Welcome,” a soft but important sounding voice said. I turn around and see a figure wearing a white dress that flows off her like a river, blonde hair cascading down her back with flowers in it, bright blue eyes that look like they are reading your thoughts. “Hello,” I say, “I’m Grace and this is Cinders,” I say.

“I know.” She said, “I’m Angel, the queen of all drawings,” She says with a smile. I gasp and quickly bow. “Stand my child,” she says with a laugh, “I have something important to show you, formality can wait.” She says. I stand, blushing.

“Now, come over here please,” she says leading me to a small door on the side of the glass box. She unlocks it and enters, I follow. We walk over to the old book. Angel whispers something under her breath, the book opens.

“My dear,” she says, addressing me, “do you remember Gobblesmack? And the giant? Yes, well they were tests, to see if you are worthy of this task I am about to assign to you. Cinders will help you. She already knows. Now my dear this book, it’s very old and very important. You can see any drawing that has ever been created with this; you know where everyone is and what they are doing just by looking at the pages. Luckily for us we can also see the undesirables- the evil ones. Now they have their queen, Ivy. She is planning a war against the humans because they scribbled her and the undesirables out because they did not like how they looked, instead of rubbing them out. Now my dear, I can only see the past and the present, which as a queen is not the best thing because Ivy can see the present and the future, which means she can pick out when we are most vulnerable. Lucky for us they do not have a book like us, so they, do not know about you yet my dear. The test, with the giant show courage and wit and the test with Gobblesmack shows trust and passion. These are skills you will need for your task. You my dear, will go to Ivy’s palace, in the west and try to steal their plans or destroy them. Find their weaknesses.  Please, you are our only hope. Will you help us?”

“Yes,” I say, “it sounds like fun.”

“Good, now you will need some essentials that includes; a map, compass, more arrows, a shield and-“

CRASH!

“Sorry dear, there is no time for that,” Angel says whilst running for the door, “They are here.”

They locked the door and hid the key.

“Quick, go with Cinders, she knows where to go, good luck my dear.” The queen said as she ran off towards the sound of crashes and pages being torn.  I got on Cinders back and we took off, through the open window. I looked behind us and saw the queen captures by dark figures. They took her out another window. Then a figure in a dark robe followed with a crown made of ivy on her head.