FOUR

luke was sitting at the dinner table, his mum and dad, sitting opposite him, silence awkwardly floating around the room.

"so, there's a new boy in the area."

the blonde eyed his mum weirdly, before realising who she was talking about.

"oh. him." he muttered, shoving a fork full of mash potatoes in his mouth.

"have you talked to him yet?" she questioned some more, and luke could already predict that this was going to become a full on questionnaire in a minute.

"more times than i'd have liked."

liz took a moment to look over at andrew, who was too busy eating his food to notice his wife's glance.

"he's very handsome, isn't he?"

luke sighed. "stop getting ideas, mum. he's annoying."

liz nodded with raised eyebrows. "of course he is." she spoke, her tone of voice almost mocking luke's comment.

"he is mum, i don't know what you're trying to imply by saying "of course he is"."

liz placed her knife and fork down on the plate.

"i'm just saying that you should socialise with people of your gender more. you hang out with so many girls, and you don't even like females."

"chelsea and jessica are very good friends, thank you very much." luke retaliated.

"i know they are. but maybe, try to hang out with guys as well? maybe you'll enjoy it."

luke rolled his eyes. he just wanted to end the conversation already.

"ok, yeah, whatever."

luke's dad observed from the far end of the table. he placed his cutlery down, and rested his elbows on the table, and his chin on his intertwined hands.

"you know, luke. ashton is not that much older than you. you're seventeen, and he's -" andrew looked over at liz.

"nineteen." she said, and andrew nodded.
"nineteen." he repeated, to complete his sentence.

luke almost choked on his food. no way was ashton nineteen. he practically acted like a fourteen year old fuckboy.

"wait, he's nineteen?!"

"yes, and he's very independent. he lives on his own, and even has his own band." liz declared, proudly, and andrew nodded along.

"oh, i know about the band, alright." luke muttered under his breath.

"hold up. how exactly do you know all this?"

"i talked to him yesterday. he was such a gentlemen. he helped me with my groceries, and even spoke to me about how amazing you are." liz chirped, with a cheesy grin.

luke's cheeks changed from a pale cream colour, to a rosey pink one, at the mention of ashton calling him "amazing."
but that wasn't normal. ashton probably only said it to brainwash liz into thinking he's luke's ideal suitor.

which he is definitely not.

"we just want you to get to know him better." andrew spoke, in a rather pleading voice, however, tried to hide it by using a very fatherly tone.

luke gave out one last sigh.

"alright, fine."

。*゚+゚+..。*゚+゚+..

i dont have an author's note so um yeah i hope you liked this incredibly short chapter or whatever