The One Where Everyone is Sad

I woke up late (like 2 pm late) the next day alone. I sat up and looked around the dorm, and to my dismay, Peggy was gone.

"She said she was going to get a shower and coffees," Alexander was sitting in front of his laptop and was typing away on Tumblr.

"Okay," I said, laying back down, "How long ago did she leave?" I asked sitting back up.

"Like an hour maybe," he said, not pausing his typing.

"What are you writing about?"

"Someone on here is wrong."

"It's the internet, Alexander, someone is always gonna be wrong."

"Well I don't like it."

There was a silence, spare the clicking of the keys. I stared out of the window next to my bed for a few minutes, wondering why Peggy was taking so long to come back because taking a shower and getting coffees shouldn't take more than an hour. "Alex?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you think she's coming back?"

"Eventually she'll be back,"

I could feel tears welling in my eyes, "What is she doesn't come back, Alex. Maybe I ruined it between us." my voice cracked and I felt tears fall down my cheeks, "I should've just let her go back to her dorm," I didn't even try to stop myself from crying, putting my hands over my face and sobbing.

The typing stopped and I heard Alex turn in his chair and before I could stop him, he was sitting next to me, rubbing my back. "John, why are you crying?" he asked.

"Peggy is my best friend and I don't wanna ruin anything between us because if I do who will sit with me and do almost nothing for hours at a time?" I said sobbing some more.

Alex didn't say anything, but he pulled my hands from my face and wrapped his arms around me, hugging me. I didn't move until he made me hug him back, and I nearly squeezed him to death and cried into his shoulder until I couldn't cry anymore.

We sat like that on my bed for almost ten minutes until my phone started ringing. "I'll get it," Alex said, letting me go with one arm to grab my phone and answer it. "Hello?"

I couldn't hear the other end of the conversation so I just listened to Alex. "No its Alex." a pause, "John's roommate." another pause, "Oh," he let me go and handed me my shoes, "Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'll get him there." Alexander was jumping on one foot, trying to get his shoes on with one hand. "John, put your shoes on," he said to me. "Okay, we'll meet you outside." he said and ended the call.

"What's happening?" I asked pulling my shoes on.

"It's Angelica," he said grabbing my hand and dragging me out the door and down the stairs to the courtyard.

"What happened?" I asked franticly.

"I don't know but Eliza called and she said Peggy is with Angelica in the hospital and that you need to get there like, now."

We saw Eliza and rushed over to her, "Hey guys, lets go," she started running towards the front of campus. "Hercules is in his car out front waiting for us."

We followed behind her, moving quickly. We all got to Hercules' car and Alexander and I got into the backseat while Eliza got into the front seat. "Where's Lafayette?" I asked.

"He's at the hospital already." Hercules said speeding off campus and in the direction of the hospital.

"What happened to her?" I asked, "How is she?"