The One That's Broken 3

I'm writing short chapters because I'm trying to rewrite the chapter I lost without losing it again. So there's gonna be a bunch of short updates for now. Hopefully once I get home (I'm camping) I can get on my laptop and fix it. :)

I stood next to the bed and watched Alex carefully.

"You wanna just go get coffee?" He asked me.

I nodded and took his hand on the way out of the hotel room.

We never found a decent coffee place so we skipped the coffee and started walking in town.

The sun was really bright compared to the rain and clouds that have been covering the campus and Alex was not having it.

"John, I'm gonna go blind with all this sun." He said.

I just laughed at him and led him into a small store to pick up some sunglasses. You can probably guess what they looked like.

I stopped him after he put them on to take a picture with him. I took the picture and pocketed my phone. I grabbed his hand again and kept walking.

We passed a Subway and I made a mental note to come back for lunch.

"Can we go in there?" Alex asked pointing to a small building.

I just nodded as he led me into the thrift store. He immediately went over to the mannequins in the window, stopping at one with a yellow sundress.

When I joined him he smiled. "My mom had a dress like this." He said.

I nodded. I went to the cashier and pointed toward the window.

"Can I have the yellow sundress on the mannequin?"