Twenty-Three: New Home

"Today, Ebonystripe and Silverwing's kittens have reached six moons of age," Jaystar called from his seat on the tree stump.

Silverwing sat next to Ebonystripe, tails proudly curled against each other, while Lightningsplash and Featherpaw sat awkwardly together, the golden tabby occasionally glancing back to the nursery.

"We will start with Silverwing's oldest, Flowerkit," Jaystar announced, eyes glazing over the silver and white she kit. "Until the day you receive your warrior name, you will be known as Flowerpaw. Your mentor will be Soottail, and you will be his first apprentice, yet his mentor has taught him to be one of the best hunters in Lightclan, and he can teach you speed and swiftness that any apprentice would be grateful to have."

Flowerpaw went over to press her muzzle with the black pelted tom she would training with, before retreating back to her seat next to her sister and her parents.

"Now, Ravenkit, until the day you receive your warrior name, you will be known as Ravenpaw, and you will be mentored by Dawnflight," The blue furred tom said, "And your mentor will also be a first-timer. Skyflower may have been a kittypet in the past, but she has become strong, and soon, you will be too."

The clan cheered their names, but Badgerfoot was being unusually silent as he stood near the tree stump. Brackenstorm was on the other side, trying to ignore the black tom, but he couldn't shake the fact that Badgerfoot was sitting where a deputy would only sit.

Just as Jaystar was about to dismiss the meeting, Badgerfoot sent the tabby a glare. Jaystar resumed his place on the stump and cleared his throat once more.

"We have also found a loner on our territory, and was brought into camp," Jaystar explained.

"Without permission," Badgerfoot interjected, "may I add."

"Yes," Jaystar uncomfortably nodded, "And that loner also has young kittens. I have decided to let the clan decide on their fate, and whether they will be kicked out the moment the kits can walk or shall they stay, and the kits should be trained."

Badgerfoot looked shocked. "That wasn't the plan!" He hissed under his breath, before Jaystar placed his tail on the dark Tom's muzzle. Featherpaw actually had a bit of respect for his father in that moment, but Jaystar still held an attitude of tensity as he spoke, as if he didn't want the loner to stay.

"All cats who would like the loner to stay, please present a reason why now," Jaystar said. Barely a second had passed before Lightningsplash spoke.

"I want Wendy to stay!" She exclaimed, "She already knows hunting and fighting skills. In fact, she's the reason why Badgerfoot has that scar! He attacked her and she defended herself just as a real warrior should. Not only would she make a great warrior herself, but her kits would be too young to know nothing but clan life!"

"But our clan has begun to rebuild itself, we dont need to take in any stray warriors to stay strong," Oakpelt mewed.

"Yes, but even though we have warriors, we have no kits," Silverwing finally spoke, "It'll take two moons for any new kits to be born, so eight moons until any new apprentices. Then six more moons until a new warrior. With these kits, we'll have new apprentices and new warriors in no time."

"Not to mention their talented mother." Lightningsplash purred, "That's four new warriors right there."

"But she is a loner!" Badgerfoot exasperatedly hissed, "her kits are nothing but smaller loners!"

"Do you have any reason other than their birthplace on why they shouldn't stay?" Lightningsplash defensively asked, whiskers twitching.

Just as Badgerfoot was going to say something, Jaystar sighed and raised his head. "Then it is settled," he decided, "The loner, Wendy, and her three kits shall stay in Lightclan."