Chapter Seven: Scarlett

The exterior of the restaurant was stunning to view. It was made of complete designed glass, which created an elegant viewing to the diners within and the reflection of the glowing embers of candles. Lindsay eased the car to a stop in front of the building. Immediately, a man in a black and gold jacket, opened the door for Scarlett. He moved around to the driver's side, a gold plated name tag rested on his left lapel of the expensive suit coat he wore. His name was above and beneath it was the title of valet.

Scarlett had never experienced valet parking with anyone other than Jack.

This was refreshing. For once, she didn't feel under scrutiny as Lindsay made his way around the car and offered his arm. Without hesitation she placed her arm within his. Noting that Lindsay moved closer to her, removing any gap that remained between them. She felt her skin flush slightly as they were led into the restaurant by a host. Her eyes moved around the obvious five star restaurant.

"This is Kylie," the host introduced. "She'll arrange and provide any needs that you may have for the night."

Scarlett flushed even more when Lindsay place one hand on her lower back briefly, before helping her into the seat and pushing the chair up. Gentleman was the last thought that came to her mind. Instead, she was flooded with a slight nervousness. She still couldn't grasp the idea that Lindsay was interested in her. He was a multi-millionaire and so far from her league that it was a damn shame. She didn't know how to deal with a man like him.

Arrogance, confidence, poise, intelligence, charm, and a sense of humor—all rolled into one.

"Your date is lovely, Mr. Hendrix," Kylie greeted with a warm smile. "Now, can I interest you in the house appetizer and special?"

"We'll take a minute to look at the menu," Lindsay explained. "However you can bring us a bottle of your finest red wine."

Scarlett looked at menu, her eyes nearly bulging at the sight of the prices listed next to each item. Salads for close to thirty dollars, alfredos at close to forty dollars, and the list continued. Each entrée was over thirty dollars. Some coming close to fifty dollars. She highly doubted that this were festive size plates. Probably smaller than what a normal restaurant would serve. Lindsay had brought her to a restaurant that was obviously for the wealthy.

Her level of ease and confidence shot down quickly as looked around. The two of them seemed to be the center of attention. Lindsay was obviously recognized by many. Women and men eyed her with an intense curiosity. Probably wondering in the back of their minds what he was doing with a woman like her. Questioning her background. No wonder he had brought her a dress. She was thankful for that. If he hadn't, she'd look like a pauper.

Lindsay's fingers came to grasp her chin and he lifted her head slightly, so that their gazes met. His intense green eyes met hers and she felt as though he was reading her very soul with those eyes.

"You have nothing to worry about, Scarlett," he said, as though he could read her mind. "No one is looking at you negatively. If anything, I'm the envy of every man in the room. And you're the envy of all these women. They're wondering what's special enough about you for me to bring you here."

She lowered her gaze once more, before a brief smile touched her lips. "I can believe that I'm envy of every woman here," she agreed. "You're quite the charmer and no doubt highly experienced with women."

Lindsay chuckled. "Oh no, you don't. We're not going down the path. You won't be finding an excuse to leave me here alone," he commanded. "My previous love life or lack of isn't the topic of discussion tonight, nor is yours. We're here to get to know about each other on a more intense level."