Chapter 2

Chapter Two

Gibbs just continued to stare at Tony. There were unquestionably more things going on here then he knew about, and he wanted to know what they were, and he wanted to know now. One thing about Leroy Jethro Gibbs, he hated not knowing something.

Tony watched as a couple of gorgeous blue eyes narrowed in suspicion. When Gibbs looked at him like that, it always seems to feel as if Gibbs were staring deep into his soul. It seemed as if that he could read every thought that was in Tony's head. He was very, very glad that wasn't true. A lot of his thoughts were about his boss and multiple sexual positions.

"DiNozzo don't make me ask you again?" Gibbs growled he wasn't in the mood for any games especially when something involved one of his agents.

"Gibbs, until we know for sure can it, please wait. I don't honestly want to discuss it now."

The older man sighed and stared at his SFA. "If I find out that you are holding back something significant DiNozzo, I am going to kick your ass into next week."

"Yes boss," Tony sighed and turned away. He was afraid if he kept staring into that face he cared so much for that he was going to reveal everything. Then what would happen? He would probably be out of a job. "If I do have to tell you about this, can it just be us two?" Tony knew that he would have to tell Gibbs no matter what. The older man would not let something like this go. At least it gave him a little breathing space, for a little while anyway.

Gibbs frowned at the extremely nervous tone from Tony. It didn't sound like him at all. There was undeniably something going on, and until Tony told him there was nothing he could do to help or support his agent. "Of course Tony. You know you can always talk to me." He tried to be there for all of his agents, but there was something unique about DiNozzo. Gibbs had realised this in the short time they had met at Baltimore. That was when the attraction first started. Gibbs had hoped it would disappear, but it didn't it just got stronger and stronger, it had been a long time since he felt like this, since Shannon. When hearing Tony's voice like this he wanted to pull the other man into his arms, hold him tightly and tell him everything was going to be ok. That he would deal with any problems, and make sure that they went away. That Tony would be safe right where he was, in Gibbs' arms.

Tony took a shuddering breath at Gibbs' voice. It was obvious that there was something majorly wrong with him. Now, no matter what happened in this case Gibbs wasn't going to stop until he had answers. If only Abby was here with them. She knew what had gone on; they had got drunk one night.

It had been an unpleasant and demanding case, and they all needed to blow off steam. The others one by one left until it was the two of them. Abby had started to talk about things that had happened to her in the past and why she liked to forget sometimes. Somehow, he couldn't help himself. It seemed finally he just let it all come out as if a dam had burst. The young Goth just stared at him tears in her eyes, and suddenly he was grabbed in one of her hugs. Tony could undoubtedly do with that now.

Gibbs watched the rapid changes on DiNozzo's face. Normally the young man could hide behind his smile and sassy personality. Gibbs always could read him extraordinarily well, but this, everyone could see. Tony was off his game.

XXXXX

Ziva and McGee stood outside the police department was again.

"Something happened to Tony here and that Captain knows all about it." Ziva said simply.

"Yes, I know. By the look on Tony's face, and the fact he hasn't said anything." McGee let the sentence trail off.

"If Tony had been hurt because of anyone here, I will make them pay." Ziva said matter-of-factly.

McGee grinned as he watched Ziva head in first. The smile quickly vanished when he thought of Tony. Ziva wasn't the only one who would destroy anyone who had hurt their friend and McGee didn't just mean Gibbs either.

XXXXX

Captain Marks looked up from his paperwork when his door opened. He glanced behind the two agents and frowned. They were here without Tony.

"What can I do for you now?" Marks muttered.

"We would like information on the Coulson case." Ziva said quietly and watched as the Captain's face paled. "Did I say something wrong McGee?"

McGee turned to look at her. "No, you said everything correctly."

"I'm sorry you can't take that case, it had nothing to do with any navy personnel. If you don't mind leaving, I do have work to do."

"I am sure Special Agent Gibbs will be in touch with our Director, who, of course will be in touch with you." Ziva replied and turned to walk away.

"Tell DiNozzo that he'd better not say anything. He knew what happened during that case."

Ziva turned, eyes narrowed in anger. "Are you threatening our co-worker?"

"No, but he'd better watch his back. Word gets around here really quickly." With that Marks looked back down at his paperwork and started on it again.

Ziva and McGee left; as they walked they glanced at each other.

"How much danger do you think Tony is in?" McGee asked.

"It is Tony." Ziva replied knowing that was answer enough.

"Gibbs is not going to like this." McGee muttered.

"I know that is why you are telling him." Ziva laughed at the look on McGee's face, but it vanished quickly. They all would do everything to keep Tony safe. If only they knew what from.

XXXXX

The man stared down at his cell phone. A smile spreading across his face.

"So you're finally back Tony. All this years and now my prayers have been answered. I can get from you what I want. Everything that happened was your entire fault, and nothing will stop me from getting revenge on you."

TBC