Pilot

"Remember when I made you ride the Cyclone at Colony Island?"

"Yeah, and I threw up?"

"This isn't payback, is it?"

"Now why would I do that?"

----------------------------------

I woke up in a strange room. It looked like a recovery room in New York. I looked down to see I was wearing a tight white shirt with the SSR logo on, crème/beige trousers and brown combat boots. Just as I was about to sit up, a women, who looked a bit like Peggy walked into the room.

"Good morning, Miss Age" she smiled a forced, sweet smile.

"Where am I?" I sat up.

"You're in a recovery room in New York"

"Where's Steve? Is he okay?"

"Captain Rogers is fine, Miss. Just asleep at the moment"

"I want to see him" I demanded while standing up and trying to make my small figure look big and menacing. She chuckled at my actions.

"You may not see him at this moment, Miss Age"

"No! I want to see him now!" I yelled while pushing past her through the door and into another strange room. This time, all the walls were grey and there were pictures of Brooklyn building near where the fake windows were in the 'room'. I ran through black double doors out into a corridor with people walking in suits. A voice boomed over the speakers saying something too inaudible for me to hear, I was concentrating on finding Steve. As I was walking towards some doors, groups of people starting running towards me so I ran in the opposite direction.

I ended up near the entrance of  the building and burst through more doors into a busy street with moving vehicles and bright lights everywhere. I didn't look at the new sights, I just ran. Scared of the people behind me. After a few minutes of running, I found myself in a square of buildings, all with lights on them, and in the middle of a circle of black cars. There was people in full black suits stopping passers by from getting involved. A man in all black with an eye patch on got out of one of the cars and walked over to me.

"Who are you? Where am I?"

"You're in New York, Charlotte. You've been asleep, for almost 70 years. Welcome to the future" Bucky always dragged me and Steve to Stark's exhibitions about the future, and now I'm here.

"W-what, what year is it?"

"Right now it's 2011, but soon, it will be 2016. Time flys when you're a superhero"

"A what? The only superhero I know is Steve, a-and Bucky..." I trailed off, "where are they?"

"Bucky died in 1944 and Steve is here, alive of course. But he's still asleep, we wouldn't want to disturb him now, would we?" I shyly shook my head. Steve never told me about Bucky's death, no one had. A tear quickly escaped my eye, rolling down my dry cheeks as I processed the information.

"W-where is S-Steve? I...I really n-need him now"

"All in good time, Age. All in good time" he replied before walking back into same car he arrived in while some of the people in suits came up behind me and gently pushed me into one of the cars. When I was in, one of the men turned to their left and looked at me.

"I'm sorry about your loss, I'm Phil, Phil Coulson. Agent of SHIELD"

"Why am I here?"

"Well, when you and the Captain crashed 70 years ago, you froze but were still alive. Some people found the two of you and brought you to us and we let you naturally unfreeze. Then, you woke up before the Captain so we're taking you to SHIELD now and then we'll bring Captain Rogers here when he wakes up as well"

"Oh, okay"

A few minutes later after meeting Phil, we arrived at a tall building. Me and 3 other agents, including Phil, got out of the car and walked in. I saw the man again who talked to me first near a group of people.

"We meet again Charlotte"

"Yes, I guess Mr..."

"Fury, Nick Fury" he put out his hand and I shook it.

"Shall we?" He motioned towards the lifts/elevators.

"Shall we, what?" I asked confused.

"Go on a tour, of the building" he started walking away from me.

"Oh, yes" I followed after him, my boots making a loud noise when I walked. We waited for the lift/elevator only for about a minute before it came. I was the first to walk in, then Fury joined me. There was no music, but two of the sides were glass so I looked out of them. New York had changed. A lot. There was more lights, bigger buildings, taller buildings. It seemed so strange, so different, so...alienated. I was snapped out of my thoughts when the doors opened and Fury started walking out. As I walked through the corridor, people were giving me strange looks, looking me up and down, doing a double take just to check I was real. It was weird, having all the attention. Normally Steve would have the attention, but now it's on me, I feel so self-conscious and weird.

"And, here's your room" he said as he opened a door. I didn't realise Fury had been talking the whole time.

"Oh, erm, thank you" I walked into the room, looking around. It was so different to the room I had at the SSR in the 40's. The room was bigger, the bed was bigger, there was more storage space, it was just better. I opened the closet to see new clothes; they were mostly black but some were colourful. Shortly after looking at the clothes, I walked over to the bed and sat down, it felt soft and unnatural. There was a knock at my door after I finished feeling the bed.

"Come in" I called.

"We think Steve is about to wake up" was all he said before I bolted out the door.

~Short time skip~

Fury told me to wait in the car. I could see him through a window. It's been a long time. Fury nodded at me and I got out of the car. When Steve saw me, his face went pale and he looked nervous.

"Hello Steve"

-------------------------------------
So, there's chapter one! I'm so pumped to write this and so excited, I can't wait!

-MrsEvanStan 💕