5

After dinner, Maya was with Sally so I headed to my office, until I overheard them talking. I walked closer to the door, peeking in to see them sitting on Sally's bed.

"What happened when you were younger?"

Maya looked at her for a moment, "well, when I was eight my parents didn't want me. So, I was an orphan growing up and no one wanted me at the orphanage."

"Why not? There's nothing wrong with you." Sally said in a sad tone.

Maya giggled softly, "well, no one saw me that way like you. In school I didn't have many friends either, but then that's when I met Scott." I 'frowned' when I heard his name and I could see she was too. "I don't remember the last time he cared about me." Sally frowned and looked down "But." Maya said, making Sally look up at her "I've met you guys and I haven't felt this happy in a while." She said, poking Sally's nose as she giggled.

"What are you doing?"

I sighed in annoyance, glancing over at Splendor who was beside me, peeking in on the girls. Again, if I could roll my eyes, I would.

"Do you really trust this girl?"I heard Offender ask behind me.

I thought about it for a moment; seeing how she made Sally laugh "Yeah, I do." I began walking away from Sally's room as they followed.

"You like this girl, don't you?' Trender asked.

I stopped in my tracks, "what would make you think that I have any interest?"

"You're a hard man to please." Offender replied with a smirk, "there are not many humans that interest you. She got under your skin."

I shook my head and continued walking until Splendor appeared in front of me, "be honest with us. She's beautiful, but that's not the reason why you trust her." He stated.

I sighed "She's different." I boldly said before walking away from them.

~~~

It was getting late, Maya covered Sally with her pink cover before leaving the room quietly and shutting the door. She walked to Slender's office, seeing him sitting there at his desk, so she walked over to him. "Thanks again for inviting me."

He nodded, then reached into the bottom drawer of his desk and pulled out a new bottle of wine and two wine glasses, "care for some wine?"

"I would love some." She replied, but then she gave him a questioning look, "how are you able to drink, you don't have a mouth?"

Slender chuckled as she saw parts of his skin ripping apart; black blood dripped down a little and she could see his sharp teeth. Slender cleaned himself up while she stood there amazed for a moment by this because he never mentioned that he could do such a thing. Maya sat on his desk next to him while he poured the wine in both glasses then handed her one.

"I'm sorry about what happened to you growing up." He spoke up.

"It happened, there's nothing that could change the past." She replied before sipping on her wine.

He didn't reply; just thinking about her going home to Scott, to another man. Slender stopped his thoughts when she reached her hand towards him; he froze in place as she gently wiped the black blood off the side of his mouth. Maya gave him a soft smile and wiped the blood off onto the cloth he had nearby.

"Thank you."

"No problem." Maya caught herself looking at his lips, but she looked away and drank more of her wine; she did have feelings for the man, he didn't show any hate towards her for any reason like everyone else and Maya wanted him.

Slender noticed she was spacing out, "is something troubling you Maya?" He asked with concern.

"No, I'm fine. I was just thinking."

When an hour passed by as they talked and drank the rest of the wine, Maya checked her phone, "I hate to leave, but it's getting late." She said with a frown, looking down. She didn't want to leave, to a place that wasn't even called home, though Slender himself didn't want her to go either.

He made her look up at him, "I'll be here when you need me." He promised.

Maya kissed his cheek, "thank you." she responded before getting off his desk and headed towards the door.

Slender leaned back in his chair, smirking slightly, "no problem."