Epilogue | Her

She was an enigma of gold and stardust.

A phantom of wavy browns and freckled paleness held in a small frame that held so much but showed so little.

I knew the indentation of her eyes, the flicker of spring green irises across my face, down my frame, when she thought I wasn't aware.

I was always aware. Especially of her. Always of her.

She was an enigma of gold and stardust.

She was a firefly, a flicker of brightness in the darkness. Blink and you'll miss it, but even with their eyes open everybody seemed to miss it, missed the radiance that was Lyric Richardson.

I had known. I had saw.

I had only come to the bonfire because I wanted to see her, have less than walls and fences, hedges and mental boundaries, blocking my way.

I wanted to speak to her.

But I was a coward, a coward who seemed like he had the world at his fingertips and smiles melting off of his lips. But oh gods above, did I want her. Wanted to hear her laugh, wanted to feel the warmth of her skin, wanted her eyes to light up and blaze with its love for me, as it always had. It made me feel bottomless, weightless.

I craved her like I craved nothing else.

She was an enigma of gold and stardust.

She was beautiful, a girl of hidden smiles and soft laughter and I was going to talk to her, create chances and opportunities that crossed races and times and destinations because I was drowning in my love for her, my priy, the meaning behind my midnight love songs and I wasn't going to let her go.

Not anymore.

_______________________________

Author's Note:

This is the end. Wow, I really cannot believe this is the end. This is the first ever story I'm finishing and honestly, this was a story that I really enjoyed writing. There were so many time I had to stop myself and cut hundreds of words because the story was evolving beyond my control (I crossed the word limit so many times). I need to say thank you to everyone who supported me through out this. You know who you are. The ones who left the comments that made my day, that encouraged me to write this. Thank you. I hoped you enjoyed Amit's and Lyric's small journey as much as I did.

And you know this whole damn book is dedicated to you -leatherkisses-. Your love for this book and support (Not to mention that beautiful cover and banner you made, is gorgeous.