Pre-Dinner Part 1

Dinner Part 1
~ a few scenes I want to happen in TIMY. Had to write it down~

"Ali"

"Hmmm?"

"Ali"

"Hmmm?"

"Huy! Alejandro! Ano ka ba kanina pa kita tinatawag. Yung hinahalo mo sauce na hindi na soup." Iris laughed at her best friend.

Ali combed his fingers through his hair as he looked at the soup he was cooking.

"Ano ba iniisip mo?"

"Wala, wag mo na ako pansinin." Ali had the sudden urge to look at the cupboard for spices to add to his soup.

Iris narrowed her eyes, she has known Ali since they were babies, he has never been one to keep quiet on what was on his mind, especially to her. "Ali, ilabas mo na yan, sige na, ano problema?" She said gently.

"Wala nga, kamusta ang lakad niyo ni Basti sa check up mo?"

"Huwag mo i-change ang subject, sabihin mo na ano ba iyang ikina-di-distract mo?" Iris harrumphed.

Ali hesitated, his musings were petty compared to what Iris is going through. But he saw his best friend's concerned eyes, and Ali knew its a lost cause keeping things from Iris, she was tenacious. "Kasi nung isang gabi, after ng baby shower, nag-dinner kami ni Stephen."

"Biglang na-open up niya na pwede nga kami mag-anak."

Iris eyes grew wide. "So... ano ibig sabihin nun?"

"Hypothetically daw"

"Ah..." Iris frowned, she knew about Ali's infatuation with Stephen. From their conversations, those feelings can be deeper than his feelings before for Basti a few years back.

As for Stephen, she did not know him enough to gauge his intentions towards her best friend. They were passing acquaintances, he was a helping hand of their past events, but they were so busy that both her and Basti were not able to get to know Stephen. The same during their church wedding, with the excitement of the ceremony and her pregnancy announcement, they were not given a chance to be talk.

Come to think of it, she could not recall if Ali really introduced Stephen to either her and Basti formally. He just keeps showing up to their events and help out Ali in the catering side of the event.

She is thinking, its time to change that. Take advantage of the time that Ali can't say no to her.

Ali was concentrating on his cooking again, deep in thought. Probably replaying his conversation with Stephen.

"Ali, ipagluto mo naman kami ni Basti. Dito kami mag-didinner mamaya." Iris said in her sweetest voice. "Samahan kita mag-grocery."

Ali looked up with a start. "Huh? Pero may lakad kami ni Stephen mamaya, bukas na lang."

It was a like a light bulb in her head, kill 2 birds with one stone. Cheer up Ali and get to know Stephen.

"Perfect! Matagal ko na siyang gustong makakwentuhan. Sandali, sabihan ko si Basti."

All Ali could do was open his mouth to try to oppose Iris' plan. But he saw the determination in his best friend's eyes, and thought of all the things that happened the past few days, both Iris and Basti need a night off from their house with those mittens on the wall.

He watched Iris excitedly went into the True Love Room where her husband was editing pictures from the prenup shoot he just finished that morning.

"Love! Magdidinner tayo dito mamayang gabi ha, isasa..." the door closed to drown out Iris' excited tone.

Ali just sighed and just closed the stove. He set on to write a menu for the impromptu dinner and inform Stephen that they will be staying in for dinner with his married best friends.