TIMY Short Stories: Surprise

Edited scene: during the photoshoot in the resort.

~*~*~*~

Basti was looking out into the horizon, enjoying the view, and looking for the perfect angle for the story he is forming with his pictures. He suddenly thought of Iris, how one day, it will be great to bring her to a place like this. A step up from the fishing village in Batangas. Luxury at its finest, for his beautiful wife, but knowing Iris, she would prefer the simple life with lolo Jaime and lola Adeng.

"Basti, you guys finished already?"

He looked up to see Madison in a red swimsuit and a cover up coming towards him. "Ah, yes, bukas na lang daw ang mga outdoor shots, mukhang pagod na sila Ms Courtney"

"Ah, I see. Tapos na pala ang trabaho mo," Madison peered at him, from the top of her champagne glass, "You can join me in the pool, take advantage of your vacation, I mean workation."

Basti shook his head, "No, I'm good, I was planning of going around the resort and taking pictures of the place, pwede idagdag sa video ng client"

Madison pouted, turned her back at him, and dropped her robe, trying to catch his attention, "That's too bad, the water looks inviting, don't you think so?"

Basti looked around, thinking, isn't there anyone here that can keep this woman company?

"Yes, the water looks great, but I've got work to do, also gotta check in with Iris, you know husband duties," he tried to keep it light.

Madison sidled over, trying to lure him in, "Aww come on, she's a big girl, I'm sure she is great."

Basti faked a cough and took a step back, "Oh, I'm sure she is great, but I am kind of missing her, this is the longest that we've been apart since we got married, honeymoon phase and all"

Just then a whirldwind in terracotta bikini came into the space between Basti and Madison, hooked her arms around Basti and laid a sloppy kiss on his lips.

Madison took a step back, and had to blink her eyes at the skimpy bikini of the girl in front of her, never knew that she had it in her.

Basti was suddenly assaulted with a kiss, he was taken aback, but he felt the familiar lips of his wife, and had to smile into the kiss, before slowly pushing her away.

"Love! Ano ginagawa mo dito?"

Iris smiled breathlessly at her husband, "Surprise!" another peck on his smiling lips, "Nagulat ka ba?"

"Oo, pero a good surprise, I was just thinking about you," Basti couldn't take the smile off his face. "Sino kasama mo bumiyahe?"

"Si Kelly, andun na, hina-hunting na si Otap."

Basti took the opportunity for another kiss, he did miss his wife so much, "Good, may kasama ka, alam mo naman its very dangerous traveling alone, ang layo pa nitong resort."

The two were talking in their own world, not minding the not so happy woman at their backs, she faked a cough, her turn this time. Iris and Basti turned, sheepish, "Hi Madison, I hope you don't mind, sinorpresa ko lang si Basti, ngayon lang kasi kami nagkahiwalay ng ganito ka tagal, since ng wedding."

Madison faked a smile, "Of course Iris, I don't mind, not at all." Her eyes taking in the younger woman's figure in the bikini, "Funny enough, darling, that's just exactly what Basti told me before you came, those exact words"

Iris looked back at her husband, who was just happy to have his arms around his wife, and somewhat checking her out in her bikini. "Talaga Love? na-miss mo rin ako?"

"Of course, I was just about to go back around and maybe video chat with you around the resort." the two smiled at each other again, going back to own world again.

"I never knew you had it in you to wear a bikini, Iris." Madison suddenly uttered.

Iris looked up surprised, and laughed a bit, "I guess nag-work ang mga lessons mo Madison, I have to be confident and look the part, right?"

"Right" Madison smiled back, albeit forced, "Right, well, I will leave the two of you alone, I'm thinking a kayak ride would be nice to end the day. I'm sure sagabal lang ako dito."

Basti forced to be polite, but in truth, he was itching to have his wife alone. "Are you sure Madison? You can join us."

"No, I am good, both of you enjoy the rest of the day. If you need anything, just inform the staff, they are instructed to accommodate your requests for the duration of your stay."

"Salamat, Madison." Iris told the older woman, a sharp gleam in her eyes.

As soon as Madison left, Basti let out a breath, "Love, I am so happy you are here." giving Iris a long hug.

Iris laughed, "Ano ka ba, wala ka pang isang araw dito."

"Basta, I am very happy, next time, kapag may shoots outside, sumama ka na. I miss you too much."

"Bolero, halika na nga. sayang etong bikini ko, pinilit ni Kelly na eto dalhin ko."

Basti with his wicked smirk "I should thank Kelly then."

"Sira!" a slap on the arm.

"Joke lang, Sungit" while rubbing his arm.

"Joke ka diyan" hands on the hips. Then his arms went around her waist bringing her closer.

"So sungit..." after a while of sitting on the chaise lounge in front of the pool, just enjoying the silence.

"Ano pangit?"

"Are we making love tonight?"

"Ewan ko sa iyo!"

"That means yes." another slap, then a giggle.