Pre-Dinner Part 2

Basti was concentrating on finding the right filter to get the vintage feel the client is requesting for the prenup shoot he had done that morning.

When suddenly the door opened and hurricane Iris was settling herself beside him. He can still see the tinge of sadness in his wife's eyes, but now it also includes determination.

"Love! Magdidinner tayo dito mamayang gabi ha, isasama ni Ali si Stephen. Ipagluluto daw niya tayo."

Basti shook his head lightly to clear his thoughts, frowned a bit. Worried that his wife might be overtaxing herself again to forget about their baby. "Love? Are you sure? Madami kang naka-meeting today. Hindi ka ba pagod?"

Iris looked at the door, sure that it was closed, before looking at her husband, "Okay lang ako, may nabanggit lang kasi si Ali ulit ngayon patungkol kay Stephen. Narealize ko hindi pa pala natin nakikilala at nauusisa ng maayos yun. Baka ma-Romeo uli yan si Ali"

Basti chuckled at that, not because of what happened between Ali and Romeo. But of how long ago that tense dinner was, he was sure that Romeo was bad news, but Ali was smitten. That was the same night that he got Iris back.

A lot of things happened after that night and now here he was again, about to have another dinner with a guy that Ali is smitten with.

"I told you that night that I did not trust that Romeo guy." He can't help but tease his wife.

Iris smirked at him, "Naalala ko, natutunan ko na dapat ako makinig sa instincts mo."

"Good."

"So ngayon, kailangan mo ulit pairalin yang instincts mo ha, hindi pa kasi natin nakakausap si Stephen, palaging sila lang ni Ali ang lumalabas." Iris told him.

Basti looked back, his wife had a point, they were in the adjustment period of their marriage and a lot of things were going on with the Love Team and their married life from moving out of Mama Cass' house, baby blues, getting to know each other, to the church wedding and the ectopic pregnancy.

Through it all, Ali has been there and supportive of them but he realized that Ali was sharing a little bit less of himself with the two of them. He felt a bit guilty for not having updates on his best friend's life.

Iris had a point, they should get to know Stephen, he was there for Ali when there both engrossed with their marriage. It was not intentional, it just happened.

"So nag-okay na si Stephen for dinner? Magandang idea yan, Love. Tama ka, hindi pa nga natin nakikilala ng mabuti si Stephen."

Iris smiled, glad to have her husband's support. "Nabanggit ba ni Ali na may nararamdaman siya para kay Stephen? Pero na-friendzone siya?"

Basti became worried, he was surprised about this revelation, "Talaga? Recent lang ba yan?"

"During the prep ng church wedding natin. Naikwento ni Ali. Tapos nung nakaraang gabi daw, may na-mention ng baby together si Stephen, kaya ayan ngayon si Ali, nakatulala sa kakaisip."

"Sige, Love, kilalanin natin si Stephen, mukhang okay naman siya kay Kelly" Basti smiled at his wife, knowing that she was concerned about their best friend's heart.

Ali's heart is to pure and to fragile and it needs to be protected. They both will make sure of it.

Iris laughed, "Alam mo naman si Kelly, basta may hitsura, okay na sa kanya. Pero base sa kwento niya, okay nga naman daw si Stephen. Kaya lang gusto ko lang din siya makilala."

"This is a great idea, Love." He smiled at his wife, then leaned in for a quick kiss.