Chapter Six

-3 years ago-

"I know you love me but we can't just run away together. I respect you to much just take you away from your parents baby." He said to me while holding me in his arms. Tears cascading from my eyes, I could barely see.

"They don't love me! You'll be doing them a favor." I screamed to my boyfriend.

"Of course they do love." He said kissing my forehead. "I promise once I get situated I'll come back for you and we can do all those things we said we'd do together okay?"

He looked into my eyes but I was trying not to look in his eyes.

"No Darren! Don't leave me please!" I screamed. Tears fell from both our eyes. He hugged me tightly before letting me go.

"I'll always love you Genesis. Forever and always mon doux amour" Darren said as he got in his car. He drove away. I fell to the ground and cried. That was the last time I saw Darren Lewis..

*

*

-1 month and a half later-

Friday, May 15 6:45 a.m

Today was the program that me and August were performing in front of the entire school. I was honestly nervous because I haven't spoken to him outside of class for a whole month. Since our encounter in my house a while back, I haven't thought of a reason to talk to him. The only time we talked was to finish the song and anytime he'd try to talk about what happened I'd brush him off, after a while he just left it alone all together. Him and that Malaysia girl got back together.

*

*

*

I put on some lotion and oil and slipped my pants and bra set. I was going to look extra cute today so I could catch the crowd with not only my voice but also my appearance. I flexie rodded my hair early after school and practice so it could be ready for when I took them out this morning.

I laid my clothes out on the bed and picked out some matching shoes. I made sure my door was locked because my dad likes to barge in whenever he feels free since we started talking. My phone vibrated on my dresser indicating I had a text. I picked it up and looked to see it was August.

-From: August
You want me to come pick you up? 6:56 a.m

-To: August
No thanks. 6:57 a.m

-From: August
Okay. See ya at the program ✌ a.m

I didn't text back. I put on my outfit and took my hair out of the rods. After I was finished I examined my self in the long mirror on my wall.

 After I was finished I examined my self in the long mirror on my wall