Light of Night ((Twilight Fan-Fic)) Chapter 1

CHAPTER 1: Moving on

AFI was playing in my ears as I looked out the window of the moving car. Andrews car. The black leather no good for the hot Miami sun. As the car moved slowly into a garage I couldn't help but sigh. We were nearly there. The day we would move into the world of Podunk. Christine was talking to Andrew adamantly about some case she was working on. Then we parked. I looked to Adam and Jason and smiled. They smiled back. Fake as it may have been.

Turning off my CD player wasn't hard. I just didn't want to. The sound of Music distracted me from the sadness. Christine looked back at us as we all opened the doors. She had red rimming her eyes. I knew she was about to cry again. On the brink but something tells me she would try to keep it contained until the real goodbye. Once we were all out of the car and on our way to check our baggage then to get in line for the flight that was when she let it go.

“Sweetie. You know you all can come back when ever you want to right?” She asked a tear falling gently down her right cheek. It wasn't good when she cried. It made her beautifully clear sky blue eyes seem wrong to me. She fell into a hug. Crushing my white dress at it. My white shoes were soft and beautiful against my porcelain skin. I was fairly pail for someone that lived in Miami. So was Adam with the same pail shade of skin. He two wore white as did Jason.

“Yes mom I know we can, and we will call if we plan on doing that.” I said hugging her tightly. She really was crying hard now. Adam placed his arms around her as well. Jason was done saying his farewells to his parent. They did that when we picked him up. Now he just sat and watched us all cry.

“We can always call as well mom.” Adam said with a calm voice. “Andrew got us both cell phones after all, just to do that.” He explained.

“They are right Love.” Andrew said pulling her a bit from my now limp hug. I knew time was coming.

“And Brandon will let us talk to you and check our E-mail as often as we need to.” I said as she finally let go of us.

“I know it's just my baby’s are leaving me.” Mom said with tears still falling. “And please Sophie don't call him Brandon when around him he is your dad after all I don't want him thinking I'm trying to turn you against him.” She was hugging Andrew tight. We were not leaving her alone. She would eat and be taken care of. I just knew we were leaving her in the right hands.

“Don't worry mom, so not a problem.” I said with a laugh. I was doing my best acting I could. I wasn’t a bad lair or anything it's just I don't think I could really pull it off much here. Then things went by quick kisses to each other then hugs. “Bye Mom I love you.”

“We both do mom.” Adam said as we hugged one last time. The line for our flight was thinning out so we needed to get in line now. Jason hugged them too then we stood in line. It was a flash after that. We were on the plain the next time I could remember a thing. In the center of the plain the three of us together in our white outfits. Even me with my glasses. Our version of reverse mourning.

I remembered the reason we were going. Christine had little time at home now days. I swear save for when Andrew would pull her, quite literally from the office, we never saw her. So I had made the very grown up decision to move in with Brandon. Our silly father that lived in the rainy Olympic Peninsula in a tiny town called Forks. I let go of my tears slowly as the plain took off.

“Hey girly please don't cry.” Jason said as he held me from my right side. His brown eye's pleaded with me I just didn't know if I could keep it together for to long around Brandon.

“We can do this Sophie I promise.” Adam said. Hugging me from my left side. Jason was started to cry and I knew just why. We were living a hole 15 minutes apart and yet the second brother I had wasn't going to be going to school with us. Jason Clearwater was a natural born Quileute Indian. His father Benjamin had moved away long ago. His mother was a girl from his collage years. Now he was going to move in with his Uncle Harry in La Push. He would be going to a reservation school.