21: Special Reward

Important A/N at the bottom. Pls read.

Marco slammed his head on his study table after solving the last equation of his Math homework. He groaned before opening his Science book to study for the huge test tomorrow.

Star knocked on his door and the brunette told her to come in. The blond peeked her head out and looked at his room.

It was a total disorganized mess. Nachos scattered all over the floor, paper thrown all over the room, the covers of the bed discarded and the open closet vomiting a mountain of red hoodies.

"Hey there Safe Kid!" Star greeted.

"Uuumm... isn't that enough studying? Its already 11 pm and you haven't eaten dinner yet."

Marco dug his head deeper into the pages of the book.

"I don't wanna fail tomorrow's test. Just go to bed, Star. You don't have to worry about me." he replied.

The blonde bit her lip and walked over to his side.

"Well, I can't sleep knowing my best friend spent the whole night reading his eyes off. I can help you study faster you know." she offered.

"Thanks Star, but it would be a burden if I made you stay up late." he replied.

"Nonsense!" she retorted.

"Star Butterfly always helps a friend in need!" she said, rising one fist in the air.

Marco laughed and looked at the blonde.

"Sure, Star."

"Okay then." she said grabbing the book in his hands.

She started asking him questions and he gladly answered. The two read each word carefully and Star made sure he was really paying attention. Time went by slowly. Marco blinked his eyes at the clock. It was already eleven minutes pass midnight and Star didn't look as exhausted as he was. Though the lesson was almost finished, all that's left to do was answer a quick test and he would be plopping on his bed and dreaming about who knows what.

Star gave him the questionnaire and he tiredly scribbled the answers on the paper. Afterwards, she checked his work.

Star shook her head in disappointment. He hardly got half of the answers right. She looked over at Marco who was already drooling on his notebook, large bags under his eyes.

"Why don't you go to sleep already?" she questioned, putting one leg over the other.

Marco whipped his head up and shook his head vigorously.

"No no no! I need to past this test! Wait, how'd I do in that one?" he said, pointing to the questionnaire.

"Not good." she stated, glumly.

Marco groaned. The blonde thought for a moment and her eyes lit up.

"Hey Marco." she started.

"Why don't you answer this again and I'll give you a reward if you did good." she continued with a playful grin.

"A reward?" he asked, looking at the girl with wide eyes.

Star pecked him on the lips and chuckled.

"Yes, a reward silly!" she stated with a smile.

Marco blinked once, twice, three times. Trying to analyze what was going on. Until realization hit him like a rock and he started to blush madly.

"A...r-reward." he repeated.

"So you better start answering right!" she said giving him a pen.

"Unless you don't want one." she looked down on the nacho covered floor.

"N-no! I mean... right... I-i better start answering." he said reading the questions once more, his face growing red by the second.

He finished and gave the paper to Star. She checked and looked at the brunette blankly.

"H-how did I do?" he questioned.

Star moved over to sit on his lap and smiled at him tenderly. Marco hoped she wouldn't feel the burning sensation on his face.

Star leaned closer until her lips touched his. His eyes widened before slowly closing and returning the kiss.

After a few minutes of pure heaven. She pulled back for air and said,

"I'd say you passed."

Aaannddd... Done! What do you think? Pls COMMENT and VOTE.

IMPORTANT A/N
Thank You So Much for reading. Pls tell me what you think about the book so far. Did my writing improve? Are my plot ideas interesting? Pls tell me. Constructive Criticism is appreciated, just...don't be too harsh. I'm still young so words can scar me. Anyways... Till next time!

-SM4ever