chapter 2

"So Ali Krieger. what are you reading?"
"Oh um. my mom gave it to me, it's called To Kill a Mockingbird. It's my favorite" Ali said shyly
"You read often?" Ashlyn smiled encouragingly sensing Ali's shyness
"Yeah I love it. How about you?"
"I mean sometimes. A good shark novel here and there also definitely To Kill a Mockingbird as well, I must have read it 100 times. that's a classic and the message is so inspiring" listening to Ashlyn talk, especially about something she was passionate about really fascinated Ali and she could tell Ashlyn was special.

"You don't have any obscure roommate rules, right?" Ali asked cautiously causing Ashlyn to tilt her head slightly in confusion which Ali thought was the cutest thing she had ever witnessed.
"Huh?"
"Well a few years back I had this roommate, I forget her name, but she made me line my toothbrush exactly parallel to the mirror, I couldn't sneeze, and other weird stuff like that" Ali's rant put Ashlyn into hysterics but when she realized Ali was serious she enveloped her into a hug.
"I promise you can do whatever you want I don't care. This isn't weird right?"
"What?"
"The hug"
"Nope. You're cozy Ash" causing Ashlyn to smile at the nickname.
"So you are on my back line?"
"Yup. Did you know we are on the same NWSL team too?" Ali squealed excitedly even though the two had only just met, Ali considered them friends, of course not forgetting about Heather.

"Um I know we just met but I don't know anyone on the Spirit and you seem very sweet so-"
"Yes"
"You didn't even know what I was going to ask" Ashlyn protested while giggling
"Yes Ashlyn Harris. I would be delighted to be your roommate for the Spirit" Ali said proudly.
"Awe wow thanks Al but...how did you know?" Ali tapped Ashlyn's head
"I'm right in there"
"You're in my head?" Ashlyn laughed
"Yeah"
"Well you are full of surprises aren't you Krieger?"
"As are you Harris and I can't wait to get to know you better"
"Right back at ya" they high-fived.

"Well I know we are having such a party but we do have practice tomorrow" said Ali slipping on her footy pajamas with puppies on them and climbing under her covers and Ashlyn just thought Ali krieger's cuteness would be the death of her.
"Goodnight Al"
"Goodnight Ash".