Chapter XXIX - Leaving On A Jet Plane

(A/N - 2nd and last update for the day.  Hope you like it!!  Thank you so much again!!)

~~~~~~~~

Ava was indeed excited at the fact that she would get to see Auntie GiGi, as she calls Gemma.  She also calls Harry’s mum Mama Anne, which Anne just loves.  She too has heard that only really important people get special Ava names.

Saturday morning came and Ava and I were eating breakfast.  She was pondering something.

“What’s up, Ladybug?” I ask.

“Um..I don’t know what to wear to meet Rachel.  Should I dress up nice?”

“You can dress however you want to sweetheart.” I say.

“Good.  Jeans and a tee shirt it is.  I can’t be bothered to dress nice today.  I don’t feel like it” She says with a smile and we both chuckle.

We got to the park just before 11 and played on the swings while we waited.  I saw the taxi pull up and Rachel getting out.  What the hell was she wearing?  She had on a mini skirt and a low cut tank top with a too small for her cardigan and heels.  I rolled my eyes at her appearance.  It’s April, in London. 

She notices us and makes her way over.  Ava sees the woman walking our way and looks up to me, silently asking if that is her.  I nod and Ava moves herself in behind me.  I find this strange because Ava is the least shy girl in the world.  Rachel finally reaches us and stands there just staring at me for a few moments before finally speaking.

“Hi Niall.” She says and bats her eyes.  “And hello Ava Belle.  I’m your mommy.” She says as she leans down a bit to meet Ava’s eyes while also knowingly exposing her chest to me.

Ava steps around from behind me and puts her hand out for Rachel to shake.

“It’s nice to meet you Rachel.” Ava states.

“Oh Ava Belle, you can call my mommy.”

“Um…I’d rather not if you don’t mind.  May I call you Rachel?”

“Sure.” She said and Ava grabbed my hand and just stood there observing this woman in front of her that left all those years ago.

“Can we go see the ducks, Daddy” Ava asked as she tugged on my arm.

“Of course Ladybug.”  She pulled me along and we walked over the grass to the pond.  I looked behind me to see where Rachel was and I silently laughed because her heels were sinking into the soft grass with every step she took.

Ava ran over to the pond and sat very still, like always, and let the ducks come to her.  I took my usual seat on the bench and after a few minutes, Rachel finally made it.  She took a seat right next to me on the bench. 

“Your outfit is a little inappropriate for an afternoon in the park, don’t you think?” I commented.

“But baby, I wanted to look sexy for you.  I saw you looking.” She said seductively while placing her hand on my leg and rubbing back and forth.

I immediately removed her hand and put some distance between us.

“Do not do that.  Ava is right there.  And honestly I think what you are wearing is a little much especially when there is an impressionable seven year old girl around.” I whisper matter of factly.

“She can’t hear us.  Her back is to us.  I want another kiss, Niall.” She said rubbing one of her hands in my hair on the back of my head.

“No Rachel that was a mistake.  It won’t happen again.”