Chapter Five

"We should start moving and finding a way back to the resort." I said after we just laid by the bank for a about half an hour and wrung out whatever cloths we could. They all nodded in agreement, and we all stood up.

"It's just a scratch, I'm fine." I heard Exon say and I looked over at her to see Zach reach his hand to her face, which I noticed had a large scratch on her cheek. She swatted his hand away from her face, and he stared at her for a second before grabbing her wrist when he started walking. "Zaaach. I can walk on my own." She says to him in a whine, which he chuckles and shakes his head at but doesn't let her go. "Zaaaaaach." She whines again and he groaned.

"I don't caaaare. I feel like dragging you so that's what I'm gonna do." He says, earning some quiet laughs from me and Gray. Me and Gray share a look, and we laugh again. My god they needed to just admit they liked each other already!

"You're so annoying, Zach." Exon says to him, and he smirks slightly and looks back at her.

"Maybe, but you like it." He says and winked at her, which she rolled her eyes at while her cheeks grew a light shade of pink.

"As if." She laughed, and he looked back at her again. He put his hand over his chest, as if he was hurt.

"Dang, thy fair maiden has stricken thy heart by harsh words of torment." Zach says, and Exon laughed again, as did Gray and I.

"My god." She scoffed, laughing a little.

"Awe you think I'm a God?" Zach asked her, an eyebrow raised as amusement danced in his eyes.

"In your dreams." She said, nudging his side which made him laugh a little. After a while of walking, I saw Gray pick up a helmet. I saw that it was covered in blood and had a huge crack in it, and I saw Gray start 5'8 hyperventilate. Exon quickly took it from him and handed it to Zach, who tossed it a few meters away from us. That calmed Gray down a little, but I still rubbed his back a little as to comfort him, which he smiled at me for. I smiled back at him, then looked around us. I spotted something black and shinny a few meters away from us. A jeep.

"Guys. Look." I said, pointing at a the jeep.

"Stay here." Zach said, holding his arm out and going to it. Gray followed anyways, so me and Exon followed him as well. As Gray and Zach examined the jeep, I began to lol around on the ground and found a small pocket knife. I picked it up, then stuffed it in my back pocket.

"You can shoot?" I heard Gray ask, so I turned around to find Exon with some kind of gun on her shoulder.

"A little. I learned how to a few years ago when I was thirteen from my cousin." She explained, and Gray and Zach nodded. I remember when she first went shooting with Owen. She came back a little shaky but she had a smile in her face. I spotted a weird looking group of trees, then realized it was an old building. I pulled on Exon's jacket sleeve, pointing to it. "Wow.. Sweet." She said, walking over to the almost hidden building. Zach and Gray followed us up the stairs, and with a little help from Zach, him and Exon opened the doors. When they opened they creaked a little, but that was expected. Exon found an old dinosaur bone, and Zach found an old banner from the original park. He wrapped it around the old bone, then looked at Gray.

"Still have those matches?" Zach asked, and Gray opened his pouch and gave him the matches. Once Zach had the banner lit, he took the torch from Exon and began walking. With me and Gray being behind they, we didn't have as much light so I grabbed onto Gray's hand again. He looked over at me and I gave him a look that said 'I hate the dark, especially in this place where anything could jump out and kill us'. He smiled at me and squeezed my hand a little, and I felt a little less scared but I was still scared.