Chapter 1

_________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 1

I scrambled out of the car, running to her. I didn't care about the danger. I needed to get to her. I felt someone grab my arm. "gerald.."

"Shut up!" I shouted. "Asher!"

I could barely recognize her. The girl I loved, covered in blood. I knelt beside her, cradling her head. "No...Asher...Wake up. Wake up....You'll be alright...you're okay...tell me you're okay. Asher please...for me..."

I touched her beautiful lips, now tainted with blood. I felt a hand on my shoulder. "I'm sorry Gerald. Don't worry. We'll find out who did this to her."

I nodded, awknowledging the promise, but my attention was turned towards the fragile-looking girl on my lap. She looked so broken. I held her hand, raising it to my lips.It was the thig I always did when I saw her. But now, the gesture felt wrong. It was supposed to go with a caress on ace, a kiss, a pinch on the nose, a hug, from her. Now, it will never happen. It's gone. As i held her close to me, I spied a paper in her pocket. With trembling hands, I took the wrinkled paper and unfolded it.

You should have just given me the briefcase.

Such a pity, your girlfriend was quite charming too.

Next time, give us what we want or another one of

your loved ones will go. -M.

I wanted to crumple up the paper in my hands, tear it apart, and hunt for the ones who did this to my girl. But the military side of me told me to keep it, for evidence.

Yes...I knew who they were. They killed my parents in a "car crash", when my father didn't give them what they wanted. Now they've done it to me. They've taken away the last person on the earth that was important to me. I gave her one last look, one last kiss. "I love you Asher." I whispered. "I always will."

I stood up, covered in her blood, as the the others did their work. Looking around, I see the horrified faces of the people who lived nearby. I was used used to seeing these faces. It was part of my job description. I was a military officer. But this was beyond anything that i had ever experienced before. It was peronal. I t was my lie they've ruined, my life that they've taken away, and I'll fight for my revenge. I'll never gie themthe briefcase. There's no one left that I love.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

"Good Morning Ate!"

"Good Morning Xyriel!" Naku, ang ganda-ganda naman ng kapatid ko! Pahug nga!" She embraced the little child, tickling her underarms.