Chapter 2

Chapter 2

5 years later

Sadness. Emptiness. That's all he felt. Once more, he touched the rings on his chest. It felt like only yesterday he  had given one of them to her.

"Babe will you love me forever? Will you marry me?"

Her face glowed. "Yes."

He wrapped his arms around her, and lifted her high in the air. She was forever his. He would be forever hers.

"Lieutenant Anderson, we have a mission for you."

He stood up straighter. "Yes sir."

"Go to Dasma. There's been reports of a syndicate near Kingsland Village. I want you to investigate, or even btter, make a capture."

Gerald gulpd. "Uh... Das..Dasmariñas po?"

The general stared at him. "Yes, Lieutenant. May iba pa ba akong nasabi?"

Gerald played with the sleeves of his uniform. It's been five years since the murder. Five long years. Yet the nightmares still continued. "Gerald?"

He looked up. "Yes sir?"

The general smiled sympathetically. "Are you okay?"

He looked over the general's  head, refusing to look into his eyes. "Yes sir."

He walked around his desk and gave a pat on Gerld's shoulder. "It still hurts?"

Giving up, he lowered his gaze. "Every night. It still haunts me. It was my fault she died."

"Gerald, I will speak to you right now as your nnong. Hindi mo kasalanan ang ng yari kay Asher. You did not throw the punch. You did not pull the trigger."

He sat down. "Pero ninong...Kung binigay ko ung gusto nila,or better yet, kung hindi ko na kinilala si Asher, hindi na..."

"Gerald, hindi mo kasalanan na minahal mo si Asher. Minahal ka din ng pamangkin ko, at alam mo yun."

"Ninong..."

"Enough Anderson. Now, before you go to Dasmariñas, I need a favour from you."

"What is it sir?"

"We have a new avionics technician in our military hangar. You have exprience in this area, I presume?"

"Yes sir."

"Good. I want you to go there and check that she's doing well."