Chapter 7

Will blinked sleepily. He had just gotten up from a nap. Gilan was waving his arms around and saying something to Halt. "What's going on?" he asked, crawling over to them.

Gilan turned. "Glad you asked. Well, you see Will, I think its about time we all learned to stand up and walk. I mean, you're the youngest here, and you already are walking! So its time we started walking."

Will smirked. "Well, then I'll have to show you the basics," Halt glared. Will beamed. "Don't worry!" "Your walking classes start tomorrow at the crack of dawn!"

Then, they all ate some mashed veggies for dinner. They all walked back to the living room drowsily, and all went straight to their assigned bedrooms. (Horace was sleeping in Will's room, he tossed and turned so much nobody would sleep with him, Halt was in his room, Gilan was sleeping in the couch, and Will was sleeping in Halt's special chair.)

Everyone assumed Will was joking when he said, "Your walking classes start tomorrow at the crack of dawn!" but it turned out he wasn't joking. He woke them all up with a loud whistle. "Up and at 'em! it's a big, big day! Time to start walking!"

Horace was red eyed and mad. Steam was coming out of Halt's ears. Gilan was irritated and drowsy. Will didn't notice the dirty glares that were coming his way.

"Okay," he said, clapping his hands. "Lets start the warm ups!" He stretched, and inhaled, then exhaled. " lifting yourself is very important," he said, squatting. "Now, I want you all to lift ten times. Okay? Here we go!" Everyone lifted themselves about a few feet, then collapsed for their legs couldn't hold the weight. This was the point of lifting. Practicing standing.

He walked up and down the row, examining everyone's lifts. Once in a while he would say something like, "Lower, Halt!" or "Bend some more, Horace!" Gilan seemed to be an expert at it. Halt was decent enough. Horace was having some difficulties, though.

He could barely lift himself a few inches before collapsing. "Come on, Horace!" Will said encouragingly. Horace gritted his teeth and did five more lifts.

Five hours later, Will stopped them. "You have all excelled in this course. I'm very proud of all of you. Now, you're going to try out standing. Gilan gasped. "Oh, yes! Finally!"

Will took a deep breath. "Everyone, sit in a row." once everyone had crawled and sat, he spoke. "Now do a lift, except this time, go more higher."

Everyone tried, and they stood. "Bravo! Now just move your legs! And walk!" They all took a step. It was tricky at first, but eventually they got the hang of it.

"Good job, good job!" Will gushed. "Now you can take a break and sit down." Everyone went down, except for Horace. He was having a hard time. He found he couldn't sit down. His knees wouldn't go.

Will frowned. "Horace? You can take a break now." Horace blinked. "I know, its just.. I can't sit."

Will was puzzled. "What do you mean?" Horace frowned. "My legs won't go." Will rolled his eyes. He went up to Horace and pushed him. "Better?" he asked Horace when he landed on the floor. Horace glared.

A few days later, there was the walking test. Everyone demonstrated the proper techniques of walking. At the end, Will applauded.

"Good news! You all passed." he handed them certificates. They all read, this person has passed Will Treaty's walking course. He or she can now walk. We are very proud. At the bottom, Will had signed it with a handprint since he couldn't write when he was a baby.

They all groaned and rolled their eyes when they read the certificates.

You like? If you do, then review. Also, I need more ideas. In your reviews, give me ideas for babies. If I like your idea, I'll use it in a chapter and mention you in my authors note! P.S: lifted themselves up basically meant they tried standing.