Chapter 1 : Paperwork

Hey guys, this is my first story on Wattpad! I figured I'd start with a Fairy tail fanfic cause I love the show sooooo much also I just love Stingue.

Votes and comments are greatly appreciated; I hope you enjoy!

                                xxx

I groaned in frustration. The mound of paperwork on my desk envied Mount Everest. What's more, I finally managed to get out on a job with Rogue, Yukino and the exceeds, but the quest went horribly wrong, and we were utterly humiliated afterwards by our client.

I punched the leather desk in frustration. I wanted so badly to fall into a blissful slumber. Nothing seemed to be going right, and I had no idea how much longer I could keep this up.

I hear a soft knock on the door; the familiarity of it brought me out of my thoughts. Always the same rhythm, three soft taps made by two hard knuckles and the smell of the scent I hoped would never change.

"Come in, Rogue," I heard myself croak. God, today has taken a worse toll on me than I first thought.

"How'd you know it was me?" his deep silky voice replied. I chuckled in response.

His dark hair was hanging freely over his left eye, and, as always, I had to restrain myself from slowly pushing his shiny fringe behind his ear, caressing his face as I did so while staring into his deep black eyes. His crimson lips so close to mine. The feel of his warm breath on my face...

"Sting?" his voice questioned. I snapped out of my daydream and realised that I'd been staring at him in silence for probably far too long.

"Sorry!" I said flustered "I've just had a long day and I think I'm starting to lose it," I joked less than smoothly.

"Listen, I know you're our master..." hearing him call me master immediately sent feelings of pleasure vibrating throughout my body. 'SNAP OUT OF IT!' I mentally yelled at myself. No matter how hard I try, even after years of practice, I can never control myself around Rogue when we are alone.

"...and you're suppose to do it alone, but please let me take at least some of it. You're exhausting yourself. No one will ever know, and we're partners which means you never have to carry any burden alone."

I could feel my cheeks burning, and I silently prayed Rogue wouldn't notice.

"You've got enough on your plate. Besides, I can do this on my own," I probably sounded pissed off, but I was just tired.

"No, you can't. Sting, I can't bear to see you like this any longer."

"You sure, Rogue?" I asked seriously. He quickly nodded.

"Thanks pal; you're completely right, as usual."

He smiled and, before I could stop him, lifted the whole pile off my desk.

"Hey! Stop! You can't take that much!"

"You're gonna have to catch me if you want it back," he grinned.

Normally, I would have run full speed after him, but I was already so exhausted that I could feel my eyes beginning to close.

Before I drifted off, I thought about how we completed each other: I wasn't such a cocky jerk around him, and he would become more confident and playful around me. It put a smile on my lips as I fell into a blissful slumber.

xxx

Thanks for reading! Please vote and comment. I will be updating every 2 or 3 Days!