𝟎𝟏. 𝐁𝐀𝐃 𝐁𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐃

(CHAPTER ONE : BAD BLOOD)

(CHAPTER ONE :
BAD BLOOD)

✧࿐ ཾ✧

ONE WEEK LATER

KOL AND I HAD been on a tour of Europe since abandoning Amsterdam, a trail of bodies behind us. From Verona, Italy to Cádiz, Spain, we travelled together with the intent of causing havoc and having a good time. Every two days, our location alternated and we moved on. Often, we focused on being near the night life or known danger zones to help with our cover. The downside of this was that our victims' blood was usually contaminated by booze, drugs or adrenaline. However, I soon learnt that the rapture was in the kill rather than the blood.

"Do you remember the rules?" I questioned, unconsciously leaning closer to my companion. Upon his recommendation, we were in Budapest for a few days. He lead to me a popular tourist strip of bars, shops and restaurants to hold our daily competition. Our competition was based around our expertise in murder — bonus points were awarded for originality and gore.

"Of course I remember the rules." Kol insisted, pretending to be insulted by the insinuation. There was a beat of silence, then sweet surrender. "But, that doesn't mean I'll follow them." He declared with a suffocating sense of pride.

With a heart-hearted eye roll, I noted how he was intently trailing a woman with lustful eyes. She was weaving her way through the compact crowd, an air of vulnerability clinging to her like static. "Ladies first." I took a mocking step back and urged for him to take the lead.

Edging his lips into a snarl, he disappeared  after the woman. If it was any other night, he would have accepted the challenge and made an equally cruel remark. However, he was much too concerned with the task at hand. He invented torturing, no name could strike fear into the hearts of the supernatural like Kol Mikaelson and he wanted to prove that no dagger could inhibit his bad habits. Personally, I thought it was his ego complex and family-abandonment issues was what lead to his insistent need to uphold his reputation. Yet, I received a snap of the neck in return for such comments. Now, I learnt to keep my lips sealed and watch the performances with twisted amusement.

"It isn't safe for pretty girls to be alone at night." Kol hummed, blocking the potential escape route of the amber-eyed woman.

Lurking in the shadows, I rested my chin on my hand, ecstatic at the idea of being entertained. Kol Mikaelson was extremely innovative with his kills, even more so since we made it a bloodsport — not that I would ever praise him to his already smug face. In the last city, he literally turned one man inside out and I was stupefied. Apparently, I had a lot to learn after two decades of playing the moral monster and Kol was the perfect example of a thriving vampire.