5. Knowing Jace

Five .

"Wake up!" a deep voice said.

"Mmm.." I swatted away the hand that was shaking me. 

"God! Why did I get stuck on this job?" the voice muttered to itself. I heard shuffling before my blanket was flown off of me. 

I groaned as my hands frantically reached up for the cover. I groaned once again as I realised my hands weren't getting anywhere.

"GET UP!" someone screamed into my ears... AGAIN!

"WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!" I jumped up which resulted to me landing on the floor. "Oww!" I whined as I rubbed my bottom. "Why did you do that for?" I glared at the intruder who broke my beauty sleep. 

He shrugged as he crossed his arms. "You didn't wake up." I huffed as I stood up to stretch my legs. Mumbles of curses fell from my lips as I could feel a bruise forming. 

"Jace is waiting for you outside. It's his turn, today." Hayden said as he casually walked out the door. 

I stretched down to see bare legs. "What the?" I looked at my outfit in the full-view mirror to see a girl with a shirt that came up to the thighs. "Oh shit." I blushed as I realised that Hayden might have seen my underwear. But then I remembered he didn't give me a second glance. 

I once again looked into my reflection. Do I have no sexual appeal? 

..........

I mean, I have a great body, I do say myself. I look totally like a girl! How could Hayden resist seeing...  I mentally pointed to myself.

This?

I stood there for a few more minutes before walking sulkily over to my closet and getting in my 'Cen' costume. 

I walked out the door to see Jace leaning against the wall, whistling to a tune. Over the few weeks, we have been getting closer. And just like many other times, the little flutters entered my stomach. 

Jace looked at me before giving me his adorable smile. "Hey, what took you so long?" 

Being the lame girl I am, I stumbled over my words. "I-I um.. Yeah.." 

Jace raised up an eyebrow before running a hand through his blonde hair. "Okay.. Anyway, you know today you'll be working with me right?" 

I nodded, "Hayden told me." 

"You'll be learning how to serve and stuff... get the girls." He wiggled his eyebrows suggestively which made me giggle. Although I felt the evil green monster deep down inside rumble.

"Here it is." Jace placed the menu infront of me. He sat down as he commanded, "Read and learn." 

I looked at him with wide eyes. "But I've already got to learn how to cook! Mason doesn't give me any rest, how am I suppose to learn this?!" 

Jace rolled his eyes, "You're being too dramatic. You're only learning the name and price."

I pouted, "But still.. My brain is going to go overload and one day it'll explode!" 

Jace chuckled as he shook his head, "What am I going to do with you?" 

'A lot of things...' my mind whispered which made me blush a scarlet red. I hid my face with my hands, hoping he didn't see my unexpected blush. 

God, what am I going to do?

Soon enough the cafe opened and all the ladies came rushing in. Jace stood up from his seat to greet one of them. He looked at me with a smirk, "Watch and learn." 

I watched as he walked up to a blonde, just like him. He reached for her hand, kissing the back gently. Immediately the green monster rumbled once again. 

Before he led her to a table, he looked back and winked at me. I smiled, feeling a bit low. 

"Jealous, are we?" Drew crooned as he leaned over me to see Jace. 

Suprised, I jumped back. "W-what are you talking about?" 

Drew give a pointed stare at me before looking back at Jace. "Someone looks like they've got a crush~" he teased, just like I had done to him before. 

I glared at him before elbowing him. "How's the blondie?" I asked, wanting him to forget about th uncomfortable subject.

Drew, obviously falling for it went straight into love-sick mode. "It's Diana you idiot!" He then continued in a soft voice, "I think I'm falling for her." 

"You think?" I teased as I looked across the room to Jace. Drew continued rambling on and on about how lovely, how gorgeous she was. My eyes glazed around the room and landed on Hayden who was looking like the big man he was.

He stood there, while the ladies chatted away, some even making some excuse to touch him. I scoffed at how desperate they were. 

"Having fun?" I heard someone say, sitting down next to me. I looked to see Jace, looking at me with a smile. My heart went into an overdrive. 

"Where's Drew?" I hastily looked around then realised Drew was probably with his so-called beloved. 

Jace shrugged before leaning on his elbows. "So did you learn much?" he asked. 

"Yeah," I lied. I didn't. 

"That's good." There was a silence between us.

Wanting to break it I asked, "So why did you join this cafe?" Jace glanced at me before looking back at the crowd of ladies.

"I was bored, I guess." he said with a cold voice, which made me scared. He was usually friendly and nice.

"Do I have no appeal as a girl?" I asked randomly as I wringed my fingers together.

Jace gave me an amused stare before replying, "Well.. I guess I don't really see you as a girl since.. you know? You're always wearing that boy costume.."

Honestly? I was hurt by his words. And what hurt more was what he did next.

"Hey, you open?" I looked up to see a beautiful lady.

"Who me?" She shook her head.

"No, him." she said as she walked around to sit next to Jace. "So.. are you open?" she placed her hand on his arm. I scowled as her hands proceeded up higher. 

Jace smirked. "Yeah, I am." He took her hand before leading her somewhere unknown to me. Jealousy and shock was eating me up.

He turned to look at me one more time. He mouthed, "Watch and learn."

Watch and learn? That's what I'll do.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry if it's too short. I didn't upload for a while and this chapter didn't really turn out like I expected to.... oh and no Hayden... NWOOOO

I'll be uploading the next chapter..... I don't know.... sorry. ):

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!

Grazie, Aloha