Part 1

Korra crouched on the cold dirt road. It was a cold day in the streets of Republic City, but nobody cared. Nobody cared about her, or her brothers. As long as they were in their warm hotel rooms and cozy blankets, it was all good. But that wasn't the case for Korra. Korra was what was known as a street rat, a poor girl with no folks or home. But growing up in a tough place made you tough. There was a girl she was watching. Black hair. Green eyes. Pale skin. She had a box of food, and was walking with an older man. "Who are we watching?" A boy came behind her. Mako. Her older street rat brother.

"The girl, she has food," Korra explained, pointing at the white box. Mako nodded. "It's your turn," Korra pointed out, sitting on the cold dirt road. Mako sighed, getting up.

He walked out of the dark alleyway, and tried to fix his hair. No use. It was scruffy and dirty as always. He stood in front of the wealthier duo, and held out his hands, looking into both of their eyes. "Pardon, but do you have any spare change?" The man's eyes stayed on Mako as the girls widened. She looked at her father, pleading with fear for the boy. "It's okay if you don't. My sister hasn't have food for four days, though. And she's fought for the scraps she shares with me and my brother. My brother is the smallest, and doesn't like to fight. But here's the thing," Mako slouched. "My sister just got attacked by a big dog, and is really hurt right now. We aren't sure how long she has."

"Nice," Korra whispered to herself, and partially at Mako. This was pretty much true, and Korra was hungry. Mako won the hearts of the duo, and the girl held out her food box. Mako took it, and ran to Korra. He opened the box, and saw noodles and rice. There was bread there too. "Thank you!" Korra yelled to the two, smiling and waving. The scar from the dog attack was visible on her ribs, and visible through the rips in her rags. But that was eight years ago.

Korra walked down the bright hallway, completely aware of the two suspicious characters following her. They didn't know that she knew of their presence, but they still weren't taking any chances on attacking her. Sighing, eventually getting bored of the two men following her, Korra got an idea. She pulled out her phone, pretending to type in a number. "Hello, this is Leader Wolf Howl," she quickly made up a fake name. "I have two unidentified characters in Hallway December. Could you take care of them?" Korra heard movement behind her, and pretended to hang up. Good. They were getting ready to attack. Not before her, though. Korra turned around, sending a roundhouse kick to one of the subjects jaw. He fell down, with a resounding thud. The second character was easier, and he just ran away. Newbie. She took out a poison dart, and flung it at the man. He dropped down with less of a thud than his partner. Then she really made a call. "This is Amir, requesting a cleanup crew for two unidentified suspects in Hallway December. They have been taken down already." Korra hung up, and walked to her office. Luckily, the two suspects didn't mess up her uniform. Korra wore a blue and black uniform, with no words or major designs on it. Her cape was pure white. She had a helmet and weapons in her office, but the only defense and attack she had was her bending, her blue biker gloves, and her blue boots, which went up to above her knees. Halfway from her knees to her hips, to be exact. She usually wasn't this formal, but today was when her well respected organization would take down the Sato mansion.

When Korra got there, her phone was ringing. She picked the shiny black receiver up, not expecting what she was about to hear. "We did it boss. Sato Mansion is in flames," the man on the other side said.

Korra's eyes widened. "What?! I told you to wait for me! We aren't killing them! We're burning the house! Rescue the workers! Rescue the family!" Korra shot out of the room, forgetting about her sword and helmet. She had to rescue the girl who saved her life. She had to save Asami.