Part 6

Korra looked through the clearing and trees. She needed money, desperately. And people didn't want to five money to the teenagers on the street. But either way, she was going to get money. Then she would be able to actually live. Then she saw a building. No, a bank. Korra ran up to the bank. She was only kind of free for a few more years, and that means that she needed money. A lot. Korra looked around, spotting an air vent on the front wall of the bank. She smiled, and climbed a few trees to get to the vent. Luckily, the knifes and skills she picked up in her life allowed her to open the vent and climb in undetected. She climbed around the air vents, eventually finding her way to the biggest part of the bank. The head volt. Korra snuck in, looking around and finding security lasers. She easily evaded them all, and started picking up money. Then the door opened. A man walked in, and Korra stayed absolutely still.

"What are you doing in here?!"

Korra didn't answer, but instead turned around, sprinting at the man. This man had a beard, and it went straight down about half a footnote of his chin. Sadly, the man had bending. Air bending. He blew her back, but Korra used fire to help steady herself.

"Odd. You struck me as a water bended," he said, throwing a water bottle at her. 

Korra smiled. "I am," she said, controlling the water in the bottle and flinging it at the man.

"But... How?"

"And Earth," Korra smiled more as the ground lifted up, and over the man. The only real advantage the man had on her was air.

And he took the advantage. He dodged the rock, and realized something. This girl, who could bend three out of the four elements, was special. She was the Avatar.  "Hey! I can get you a job! With money!" The man started quickly.

"What?" Korra stopped throwing the rock she was throwing, listening to the man.

"It's called the Benders Mafia," he explained, holding his hands up.

"Explain," Korra said, her eyes starting to glow white.

"You make money during jobs, and you get paid after. You'll start at the bottom, but grow in ranks as you go on. You'll also gain respect," he said. Korra's stomach grumbled. "And food," he said, and Korra calmed down, her eyes going back to blue.

"Why should I believe you?" She asked, feeling a strange sense of de-ja-vu.

The man smiled, realizing that he had somewhat won her trust. "Put the rock down, and I'll tell you," he motioned towards it, and Korra did as he said. "My name is Tenzin, and I'm the leader of the Benders Mafia," he said. That was three years ago.

Korra bowed to Asami, practicing her entrance. Their plan was to go into the police HQ, Asami acting as an important mechanic and Korra as her bodyguard. Or butler or something. But Asami's title fit her oddly. It was somehow perfect. Maybe that's what she did in bet spare time. Anyway, they were going to find the man that slotted Bolin, and Korra would inject him with a needle that carried some fluid that will make him lose his memory from the past 24 hours. "You're too stiff. You're my bodyguard, but at least seem a little relaxed," Asami told Korra.

"I'm stiff because I've done this pose a thousand times," Korra complained. She bowed again, this time getting the pose perfect.

"Good! Now manners," Asami said as Korra rose. Korra didn't say anything, but raised an eyebrow. Asami smiled, took off her glove, and slapped Korra across the cheek with her un-gloved hand. There was a red mark starting to show up. "Never complain," Asami whispered to a wide-eyed Korra.

"Yes ma'am," Korra said, saluting.

"Good. Now you've got the part down," Asami said as Korra put her salute down. "It looks like punishment is how I'll control you now," Asami said, grinning.