Author's Note

It's been a while, hasn't it, Chapelites?

Yes, yes, I know it's often 'a while' between updates, but as always I hope you'll forgive me. In truth I'm not one of those writer's who writes every day (mostly because I don't get the chance to) and Savage Wings has been one of those books that hasn't allowed me to write every day. It's been quite an unforgiving story to write at times and quite often I feel a bit crippled by the path the story has taken - after all, it was originally just a tale about a woman who had an affair and discovered her lover wasn't exactly the stuff of fairy tales and somewhere along the way it's become a story about good and evil, age-old battles, Archangels and demons, God and the Devil.

I mean...no biggie, right?? *rolls eyes*

Just between me and you (don't tell, okay??), I never intended the story to take quite the epic-sized turn it has and so, as week after week goes by, it's become that much harder to write, not because I don't want to write it, but because I feel under incredible pressure just to get it right. Research has played an important role, as has plotting. Incidentally, plotting has been a total bitch, but the facts are that you can't write a story like this by throwing caution to the wind and saying 'to hell with it, I'll sit down and write and the words will just flow.' Because they don't flow. They come in fits and starts and quite often I won't write a damn thing for two weeks and then...hey presto....I'll sit down and vomit out twelve thousand in three days, which is exactly what has happened this weekend.

Also, sometimes, you'll plot and then suddenly another chapter pops up and says 'hey, did you forget about me? You just can't go on without me, you know that right? You need me. I make SENSE.'

So here we are, with an extra chapter that I never planned to write and it might seem like a bit of a filler, but....trust me, in the great scheme of things, it does make sense. Honest.

As always, you have my eternal gratitude for your ever-enduring patience and for the first time in like ever, I have a double update for you, which I'd like to say is because I'm pretty nice like that, but you know, it's all down to plotting being a bitch and screwing up the plan. And I know when you get two shiny bright new chapters all in one serving, the tendency might be to skip to the second and then comment...but if you would be so kind, please do stop momentarily at the end of chapter 31, even if just to say 'you lied, Cinnamon, it WAS a filler' or you know, just to say hi and tell me what you had for dinner, because quite frankly, we writers are social creatures at heart and we love food almost as much as we love books. 

Okay, onto the filler - I mean, the Very-Important-In-The-Great-Scheme-Of-Things chapter - and of course, the chapter unofficially called the I'm-Not-A-Satanist-But-I-Love-Lucifer chapter.

Thank you, Chapelites xxx