Chapter Eight: Daylight

"Here I am waiting, I'll have to leave soon, why am I holding on? We knew this day would come, we knew it all along.How did it come so fast?" -Maroon 5

Calum's POV

I slowly make my way back to the table and everyone else is ready to go. I don't have an appetite anymore so I throw my uneaten food away and we make our way to PacSun. Then we go to quicksilver. Luke, Michael, Ashton, Alyssa, and Rebecca all buy plenty of things, but I don't feel like going through the trouble. We get in the car and ride home. Or, back to the hotel. We all pile into mine and Luke's room again and they sit there talking about the weather or some shit like that. 

Rebecca's POV

We've been talking for hours about everything from living in the United States to the stores they have in Australia. I look down at my phone and notice that it's 10 o'clock at night. I nudge Alyssa and show her. 

"Oh my God!" she says, scaring the boys.

"What?" 

"Are you okay?"

"What's wrong?"

"It's 10 o'clock!" I explain.

"We have to go! We have work in the morning!" Alyssa continues.

"No don't leave!" Luke begs her.

"We have to." I say, knowing Alyssa couldn't bear herself to say it. 

I look at Calum and he looks like he's going to be sick. He runs to the bathroom and I follow him. He's been acting kind of distant since lunch, but I ignored it... there was a lot of drama this morning. I walk into the bathroom and close the door behind me. He stares at me again like he did this morning in the girl's bathroom. Wow, we really only have encounters in bathrooms... that's kind of awkward. He stares into my eyes for even longer this time. He takes a step forward and before I know what's going on, he has me pinned against the wall, lips against mine. I stay along with him until I finally realize that he's up to something. I push his chest away from me and he looks pissed.

"I know you're up to something." I accuse him.

"Am not!" He exclaims. 

"Calum! I'm not an idiot! I know you're doing something! And I want to know what it is!" I accuse him again.

"Well if you're not an idiot, then why can't you figure it out?" he says, shock in his face immediately following.

"Calum!" I scream at him as he sits down on the closed toilet, putting his face into his hands.

He mumbles something into his hands.

"What?" I whisper, not being able to scream anymore. I take a few steps closer to him.

He lifts his head up. "I'm leaving."

"You are not leaving this bathroom until you tell me what's wrong!"

"No! Not now. But I will soon. Tomorrow morning. I will. And I can't stop myself from leaving no matter how badly I want to. I wish I could take you with me, but I know you have a life here." he lets out a painful sigh and puts his face back into his hands. I place my hand gently on his arm. He flinches before moving his hand to see what touched his arm. He stares at my hand for what seemed like an eternity.

"I don't want to leave you." he barely whispers as a tear falls from his cheek onto my hand.

I bring my hand from his arm to his cheek to wipe the next tear. I slowly bring his face closer to mine and kiss his forehead. 

"Calum. We both knew this was going to happen."

"I never did. Well... I did know, but I never realized it. I just thought about how much fun I was having until those fans came up to us today and reminded me that I had to leave you. I can't leave you."

"Calum.... I'm sorry"

"You have nothing to be sorry for! It's my fucking fault. I deserve to hurt. Never again will I meet someone that made me feel the way I feel with you. I've never fallen for someone so hard, so fast. It's only been one day and I already know that I love you. I sound insane but I know you agree with me. I just can't bear to leave you ever."

"Calum... You're not insane... You're in love. And I love you too. But there's no way you won't leave tomorrow morning and there's no way that I can just leave my whole life behind."

He stands up. He takes a few steps towards the door and reaches his hand towards the door knob. He turns around.

"I love you." he whispers, before opening the door and walking out.