Chap 3 "Sing With Us"

Adam's POV
"Just go out there with your guitar, Sam," I replied. "Look, the girls are getting tired."
"Let me get them off the stage," Katy nodded.
"No," I stopped her.
"We're going to sing to them and ask if they wanna sing with us," Sam smiled. I carried a mic stand out for Sam as I carried my mic. I put the stand down and Sam stood there. "Sorry, but the sound system broke on us so we're going to go acoustic."
"Our first song is Perfect by One Direction," I smiled.
"And we're going to be singing to the lovely ladies tonight," Sam nodded. "What are your names?"
"I'm Alexis and this is my best friend, Natalie," the girl in the white dress smiled.
"You seem very comfortable onstage," I nodded.
"Eh, it's okay," Alexis smiled. "It's alright."
"I'm Adam," I replied.
"And I'm Sam," Sam stated.
"And we are DotSE," we stated together.
"Make sure you girls jump in," I nodded.
"Here we go," Sam nodded as he started playing the guitar.
"I might never be your knight in shining armor. I might never be the one you take home to mother," I sang as I pointed at Alexis. "And I might never be the one who brings you flowers. But I can be the one, be the one tonight. When I first saw you from across the room, I could tell that you were curious. Oh yeah." I put my arm around Alexis as she smiled. "Girl, I hope you're sure, what you're looking for. 'Cause I'm not good at making promises."
"But if you like causing trouble up in hotel rooms. And if you like having secret little rendezvous," Sam sang. "If you like to do the things you know that we shouldn't do, baby, I'm perfect. Baby, I'm perfect for you."
"And if you like midnight driving with the windows down. And if you like going places we can't even pronounce," the girls joined in with us. "If you like to do whatever we've been dreaming about, baby, you're perfect. Baby, you're perfect."
"So let's start right now," Sam smiled.
"I might never be the hands you put your heart in," I sang. I hugged Alexis from behind. "Or the arms that hold you any time you want them. But that don't mean that we can't live here in the moment." Alexis got out of my grip. She smiled and nodded. "'Cause I can be the one you love from time to time."
"When I first saw you from across the room, I could tell that you were curious," Sam and I sang. "Oh yeah."
"Girl, I hope you're sure, what you're looking for," Sam smiled. "'Cause I'm not good at making promises."
"But if you like causing trouble up in hotel rooms. And if you like having secret little rendezvous," the four of us sang. "If you like to do the things you know that we shouldn't do, baby, I'm perfect. Baby, I'm perfect for you." Alexis and Natalie looked at each other. "And if you like midnight driving with the windows down. And if you like going places we can't even pronounce." Sam and Natalie smiled at each other. "If you like to do whatever we've been dreaming about, baby, you're perfect. Baby, you're perfect."
"So let's start right now," Sam sang as he played the last chords.
We also sang On My Mind, Life Is Worth Living, I'll Show You, Dark Horse, andBad Blood. After the concert we took the girls backstage with us. "You girls are definitely talented," I smiled.
"Four years of choir," Alexis nodded. "Better be worth something along with those private vocal lessons." Her phone started ringing. "You've got to be kidding me."
"I thought you scheduled off," Natalie replied as Alexis got out her phone.
"I did," Alexis sighed. "But that was before I found out that Morgan was quitting."
"Derek Morgan?" Natalie asked. "He quit?"
"Because of his wife, Savannah, and his son, Hank Spencer Morgan," Alexis nodded. She grabbed her phone from her purse and picked up. "Inthavong." She looked at Natalie. "I'll be there as soon as I can."
"Great," Natalie sighed as Alexis hung up. "So, what am I supposed to do for the rest of the night?"
"You need to go and talk to Jayk," Alexis replied. "Tell Blake I'll contact him as soon as I get done working." She put the mic down. "It was great meeting you guys and I wish I can stay longer to chat but I gotta go."
Alexis walked off. I went after her. "Alexis," I called. She turned around. "Wait a second."
"Adam, I really have to go," Alexis nodded.
"What if I want to see you again?" I asked.
"Here's my card," Alexis sighed and handed me a card. "You can call me and my address is on there. Now, if you'll excuse me, I really gotta go. I'm sorry."
"It's alright," I nodded as she left. "I got her number." I walked back to Sam and he was smiling. "You okay?"
"I scored myself a date for lunch tomorrow," Sam nodded. "What do you have there?"
"Alexis' card," I nodded and let him see the card. "She told me to contact her."
"Did you happen to read this card?" Sam asked. "It says FBI BAU."
"I'll take my chances," I smiled. We went back to our motel room. "I think she genuinely likes me."
"Well, her card kind of explains why she ran off," Sam replied as he plopped on his bed. "But I got a lunch date with her friend tomorrow."
"Why not do dinner and make it a double?" I asked.
"Natalie says they have a concert to go to tomorrow night or their friend Katy Perry," Sam sighed. "I wish I was that close to a singer. Especially since we did covers of a few of her songs."
"Well, we'll just have to wait," I nodded. "See what happens next."