Chapter 9: Skittles

Robert parked his car in front of a small diner. There were a few people inside. We got in and took a seat by the booth at the far edge of the diner. Now, I know I

shouldn't be dwelling on stuff like this, but as we sat and looked at the menus, I couldn't think straight. The only thing I could think about

was the fact that he had held my hand. Butterflies magically appeared in my stomach.What the hell is wrong with me? Why is it everytime this... this gorgeous human being.. is near me.. or is in front me.. I always get nervous and awkward. Its like he's watching my every move. Like he's counting how many times I blink my eyes.

Just then, I realized that I've been playing with my fingers like a kid. How long have I been spacing out? I mentally shook my head and looked up at the waiter. He took our orders and left. Robert chuckled. "You know.. I like the fact that I make you uncomfortable",he taunted. I rolled my eyes."Uh huh.. you sure about that, Downey?", I said, with a cocked brow. Robert leaned closer to me, his arms on the table. "Yes, I am sure. You like to play with random things, mostly your fingers, whenever you're uncomfortable or something. Just like that day back in the clinic. You were staring at the magazine and flipping through the pages. Then you tapped your fingers on the side of your jeans when Riley introduced me to you... and you were fidgetting with your fingers when we met at the park", he said, smiling. I felt myself blush. I hid my face on my hands and sighed. How the hell did he noticed all those things? I didnt even know that! I could totally bury myself right now of embarrassment.

"Hey...", he said, softly. He took my hands off of my face. He took my hand in his and the other hooked my chin up, making me look into his eyes. "Come on, Julian! Relax! I swear to everything holy... We're gonna have a great time", he said, in a very calm voice.

Okay, I know he called me in my first name a few times before but the way he said it now, is totally different. His voice was so calm and sweet. Or its maybe because Im so used to him on calling me "Savard". Oh man! I dont know!! Its just... you know... UGH!!! I CANT EVEN EXPLAIN!!

Robert gave me a reassuring smile. And that smile made the butterflies disappear. Nervousness and awkwardness faded away. For the first time, I felt comfortable in front of Robert. I breathe in deep and gave him a smile. "Did the sun come up again or did you just smile at me?", said Robert. I slapped his forearm, playfully. "I thought you wont give me pick-up lines if I go out with you", I chuckled. "Sorry! I cant help it", Robert smiled.

Our food arrived and we began to eat. We talked about lots of stuff about each other. We talked about our lives, our favorites and everything we can come up with. Robert is honestly a pretty cool guy and funny, too. He would crack up jokes in between our talks which is very hilarious.

Robert glanced at his watch as we made our way to his car. He paid for our dinner and we got out quickly. "Its only 7:30PM. Wanna go to the movies?", he asked, looking back at me. "Are there any good movies at the cinemas today?", I asked, looking up at him. Being 5'4 isnt easy, you know. "Well, lets find out together and see", he smirked. He put an arm around my shoulder and I swear it gave me goosebumps. I hope he didnt noticed that. We got into his car and off we go to the cinemas.

We ended up watching "White Chicks" at the cinema house. We got popcorns, candies and sodas in hand. We cracked up on most of the scenes. I almost choked on my soda when Littrel farted on the table at the restaurant. Who the hell on earth would fart at the restaurant in front of their date?

"That was hilarious", said Robert, laughing, as walk out of the cinema house. "Okay... you told me that you've been acting since you were 5 right?", I said, finally catching my breath from laughing. "Yeah! Why? Wondering if I was ever in a comedy movie?", he said. "Are you a mind reader or something?", I asked, stopping myself from walking. Robert looked over his shoulder and smirked. "Yes and no. Yes, I have been on a few comedy movies. And no, I am not a mind reader", he answered. He pulled out a pack of skittles from his jacket and opened it. "Skittles?", he asked. I nodded and he gave me a handful of it. "Hey Savard... I got skittles in my mouth", Robert said, mouthful of skittles. I raised my brows, looking at him. "Yeah.. I can see that", I snapped. He leaned a little closer to me, his face an inch away from mine. "Wanna taste the rainbow?", he asked in that mock-flirtatious tone again. I froze. My eyes began to wonder down his lips. His wonderful soft-looking lips. Robert slowly leaned his lips closer to mine.

"Not even in your wildest dreams, Downey. Not even in your wildest dreams", I said, scrunching his face with my hand. I can feel him smile on my palm. He chuckled and removed my hand on his face. "Come on! The night is still young. We have a few more time to spend", he said, putting his arm around me again, as we headed to his car.

* Chapter 9!!! What do you guys think of the story so far? I've writing a lot so I can make it up to the people who are actually reading this series considering that I've been lacking updates. Thank you to those people by the way.

* So what so you think of Robert and Julian's "friendly date"? Did you like the fact that Julian's finally feeling comfortable around Robert? Where do you think will Robert take Julian next?

* Also, I MIGHT write another RDJ fanfic over here. I was watching one of Robert's best movies a few nights ago and it kinda gave an idea for a story. Im not sure about it yet, but Im going to let you all know as soon as I made up my mind.

* Comments and suggestions are pretty much appreciated, my darlings.

- Super Uhhuuuh