31 days after

"I'm Dan, Daniel Baker," he says holding out his hand.

"Azura," I say placing my hand in his a small smile forming my lips, before quickly adding "Reynolds."

It was like in one of those cliche movies when boy meets the girl, bringing colour to my cheeks whilst we stare into each others eyes... yeah no it felt nothing like that, his hand was touching my wrist I was looking into his eyes because I wanted to make sure he wasn't set up to talk to me by Mia.

"Hey, Az!" Mia's happy voice breaks us from the bubble we were put in.
"You alright there party girl?" I say a small smile skirting my lips, watching Mia dance awkwardly in front of me.
"I am amazing!" She says at the top of her lung throwing her head back and her arms open wide, spinning around.
A chuckle passes my lips before replying " I think someone is a little drunk"
"So what if I am?" She says shimming her hips, going into her own little world.
A smile starts to spread my lips as I watch my friend make a fool of herself, "I guess, you have your hands full, so I'll leave you to it, and good luck with her" I suddenly remember that Daniel was standing next to me. "It was nice meeting you Azura Reynolds." He says looking in to me eyes before walking away.
Following him with my eyes I murmur a soft "you too." 
"Oh. My. God!" I jump out of my skin, when Mia appears next to me, "he was totally hitting on you!"
I scoff, "he totally wasn't, anyway, enough about me, we have got you get you home before you drink anymore, you know I can't stand off her face Mia, it's not fun for me or my car." I as pulling her towards the exit.
"Fine whatever, you know it's true" she says with a shrug.

33 days After
After spending the rest of the weekend at home playing with Biddy and doing my homework I would have to say it was a great weekend, which is all the more reason why I don't want to go back to school today.

Making my way up to the entrance, I see a flash of Pinkish hair, shaking my head I know it couldn't be possible after everything that happened she had moved far away, to stay with her cousins. No, it couldn't be you are just seeing things.
"Hey! Az, Earth to Azura!" I hear Mia's voice break me out of my thoughts, looking over my shoulder I see her run up to me in her school uniform with her satchel bouncing on the side of her hip. "Hey, kind of you to stop," she says in a jokey voice.
"Sorry I was kinda in my own thoughts," I reply bashfully.
"Really, I couldn't tell," she replies sarcastically throwing her arm over my shoulder. "You know I saw the most crazy thing on the way to school today, you would never guess." She stops for dramatic effect " I saw Layla, but I guess I was just seeing things"
I stop for a moment, turning my head towards her I swallow just about making out the words, "you're not the only one."
This was when Mia visibly froze for a second, "she wouldn't, would she? Not after everything that happened?"
"I guess there is only one way to find out." I say feigning strength before heading into the building, preparing myself for war.

***

When we walk through the doors, that's when we know we aren't the only ones who had seen Layla today, a group of year 9's were, even though there was an attempt, not so discreetly watching every move that Mia and I made until we reach the common room, were there was the buzz of gossip in the air. And it was clear I was in the middle of it. That's when I spotted her, sitting on the opposite side of the room in the normal place like nothing happened. Mia and I exchange looks coming up with a plan between us.

Mia was the first to make a move, looping her arm through mine, she strutted confidently towards Layla. "OMG, Lay I didn't think you were coming back you till next month!" She announced to the entire year with fake glee. The entire room fell silent. Gliding us down to our seats, "you have to tell us everything," she say placing her hand on her thigh digging her fingers in.
"Funny thing is that I thought I would never thought I would never see you again," I say tilting my head to the side giving her the most kindest smile I could muster.
"Sorry I really should've called but you know I've been busy with, my boyfriend." She says through gritted teeth. My chest deflated, everything around me had turned to a blur, how could she that, and think that it was okay.
Next thing I know Mia is pulling me out of the room making some excuse about needing to get our books before first lesson.

***

The rest of the day went by and not a word from Layla, we figured she must have been in to get her schedule before starting properly tomorrow. We headed to Costa, for a coffee and a cake before heading home.
"Omg! Az do not look over at the door right now!" Mia says in a hushed voice. I start to turn around, "what did I say do not look."
"What? Who is it? Is it Layla, she never liked Costa so why would she be here?" I ask in a questioning voice.
"No it's not her," she says brushing it off with her hand.
"Then who has gotten you into such a fuss?" I ask narrowing my eyes.
"It's the guy from the other night," she says biting her lip.
I turn my head over my shoulder, only to see Daniel standing at the counter with is rucksack slung over his shoulder, and is tie loosely hanging around his neck.
I turn back wide eyed, not only did I think I'd ever see him again but I didn't even think Mia would remember. "What's he doing here?" I say quietly under my breath.
"May be he was asking around about you and found out you always come here," she says wiggling her eyebrows up and down.
"What? No,why would he do that?" I scoff at her, she was clearly off her head.
"Cause he was totally hitting on you the other night!" She says a smile forming her lips.
"He was not!" I say feeling my cheeks slowly turn red.
"If he wasn't then I wouldn't see what the big deal would be to go and talk to him then," she says challengingly.
"Fine then I will," I say pushing myself out from under the table making my way over, when I saw Layla come up behind him a hug then a kiss on his cheek. I felt my heart drop to the bottom of my feet, but the thing is I didn't know why....

Letter 6
I love the way you drink coffee like it's water, and some how never have any energy in you.

Vote/comment/read

Thanks xxxx