AN: Sorrrrrrrrrrry it's been so long! I'm gonna start uploading more and setting deadlines... how is the first Tuesday of every month? I'll see how it goes :)

Charlotte <(")

Recap

He left a jar full on 365 letters, of reasons he loved me...

"I'm Dan, Daniel Baker," he says holding out his hand.

"Azura," I say placing my hand in his a small smile forming my lips, before quickly adding "Reynolds."

"I saw Layla, but I guess I was just seeing things"
I stop for a moment turning my head towards her "you're not the only one."
Mia visibly froze for a second, "she wouldn't, would she? Not after everything that happened?"
"I guess there is only one way to find out." I say heading into the building, preparing myself for war.

"Funny thing is that I thought I would never thought I would never see you again,"
"Sorry I really should've called but you know I've been busy with, my boyfriend."

It's the guy from the other night," she says"... Go talk to him then" I got up to talk to him when I saw Layla come up behind him a hug then a kiss on his cheek. I felt my heart drop to the bottom of my feet, but the thing is I didn't know why....

 I felt my heart drop to the bottom of my feet, but the thing is I didn't know why

V

It's like the entire air was sucked out of my lungs, and it hurt so much to breathe. The sound of my heart thumping in my ears brings me back to reality, turning my back I head towards our table, slipping into my seat me and Mia sit is silence until...
"May be they are just old friends meeting up after not seeing each other for a while?" Mia suggests somewhat feebly.
I lift my head up and look at her dead in the eye, "I honestly don't know why you are trying to make me feel better, I mean I hardly know the guy." I lean down and pick up my bag before getting out of my seat, "anyway I better be off, I mean I have a ton of homework, so I'll see you tomorrow." Giving Mia a quick hug before I head towards the door, not wanting to looking back. What was it about this guy, was it the fact that this was the only guy to actually talk to me since Emmett died or was it the fact that he was just as tall as him, and shared the same hair, and speaks with the same ease? That somehow there was a sense of familiarity?

Just as I reach the door I hear someone yell my name from across the shop. In that moment I froze, it wasn't the sweet smooth voice of the slightly flirtatious Daniel, but the voice of the manipulative and somewhat conceited, Layla. Cursing myself for taking so long to reach the door, I spin on my heel and put on the nicest smile I could muster.

"Oh hi Lay, sorry I didn't see you there, I would've come over if I had," I say walking up to their table.

"No worries," she says in a sickly sweet voice, that one could only describe as, rotten. She turns and indicates her hand to Daniel who is sitting rather uncomfortably in his seat, almost as if he could see down into how wicked Layla really is. Almost. "I don't think you have ever met Dan, have you?" She says sliding an sweet smile on her face, "this is my friend Azura," turning to look at Dan.

"Actually I think we met," he says flashing me a smile, "nice to see you again, hopefully no drunken friends interrupt us this time." He says with a wink.

"Well you never know with Mia, anytime is party time with her," I say with an eye roll. I refocus my attention on Layla, and I see something flash across her features and little to quick to catch what it was.

"Well I'm going to go order," Layla says, slowly swinging her legs out from under the table, "keep Dan occupied for me?" She asks with a pout before walking away swinging her hips from side to side.

Leaning forward resting both of his elbows on the table, Daniel looks up at me "sorry about my cousin, I could see you were on your way out I hope it wasn't to anywhere too important."

Cousin? Layla didn't have any cousins unless...

"Cousin? I didn't think she had any," I says trying to be nonchalant "wait. Are you Kevin's nephew?"

"That would be I," he says "my uncle got married last month, I'm surprised Layla wouldn't have told you?" he says with a small frown.

"Oh well I've been caught up in things a bit recently, I'm sure she mentioned it" I say with a small smile.

"Oh really, how so?" He asks as if he really wanted to know about my life.

I open my mouth to respond, however before I could Layla slides back into her seat, "sorry hope I didn't keep you too long, hope I didn't miss too much?" she says with a challenging smile, that i could only assume was aimed towards me.

Taking no notice Daniel started to speak "Actually you-"

"Nope, nothing" I say cutting him off, " anyway I better be heading out my parents will be wondering where I am," I say with a timid smile before turning to head for the door.

Right before I reach the door I feel a tap on my shoulder, turning to see what I had dropped , I find Daniel holding out a napkin, "here, in case I lose you again, at least you'll be able to find me next time." He says with a wink before returning to Layla.

I wasn't even at the end of the street that a received a text, Mia of course

I walk the rest of the way home with a smile on my face... I guess things are looking up after all.

Letter 14

I love the way you give cute nicknames to everyone in your contacts whether it's Mia the Papaya or The Lovable Sarah or my personal favourite... Emmett the boyfriend (I guess)

Vote/Comment/Read

Thanks! <3