Chapter 7

"You sure?" Pony asked as he prepared Ally's diaper bag for the day.

"Yeah, we'll take Lil' Bit off your hands for the day, right, Steve-O?" Soda asked as Steve blew a raspberry in Ally's tummy from the kitchen.

"Mhm!"

"Don't worry, Pony, she's in good hands. We'll keep a close eye on 'er the whole time." Darry reassured his baby brother, patting him on the back.

Two-Bit came up behind Pony and smacked his ass when Darry's back was turned. Pony yelped a bit and glared at him.

"You guys sure ya won't go anywhere where she might possibly get hurt?" Pony questioned.

Soda laughed. "Aw, c'mon, Pone, it's like ya don't even trust us with 'er."

"Cuz I don't."

Sodapop rolled his eyes as Dally strolled in. "Nobody'll dare mess with us so long as Dal's there." Soda said, clapping his buddy on the back.

"They better not."

Dally turned and groaned as he saw who their "surprise guest" was. "Her? Honestly? I'd rather chop my own damn fingers off!"

Sodapop glared at Dally as did Darry. "Watch it."

"'Ey, that little shit puked on me!" Dally retorted.

"That little shit is our niece, so watch it, Winston." Soda argued.

Steve glowered at Dal as he sat with Ally in his lap on the couch.

"Just go, guys. We'll be fine on our own." Pony said, smiling as Two-Bit wrapped his arms around his lover's waist.

Soda grabbed the bag as Steve strapped the baby in her carrier.

And pretty soon, the 4 greasers and the baby were out the door in a split.

"Where to?" Soda asked as Steve handled the carrier.

"Johnny's." Dally said. "If I gotta watch 'er with y'all, he does too."

Darry picked up Johnny and in a second, they were at the Nightly Double.

~*~

Soda strapped Ally back in the carrier after feeding her and continued to watch the movie.

The movie started and each of the greasers found themselves wrapped up in the storyline.

When they looked over at the seat that held Ally's carrier, it was empty.

"Aw, shit, where'd she go?!" Darry shouted, recieving shushes from a couple in the row in front of them.

"Oh, you guys shut the hell up, you weren't even watchin' it, you two were busy tryin' to eat each others' faces off!" Johnny snapped.

Dally looked at Johnny and smiled. So I did rub off on him, the hood thought.

"Guys, we have bigger things to worry 'bout!" Steve said.

"Like what?" Dally asked, being a smartass as usual.

"Uh, I dunno, Dal, maybe like the fact that my kid brother's project got kidnapped!" Darry screamed.

"She ain't just a project!" Soda snapped at Darry.

Darry started pacing back and forth. "What're we gonna do? How're we gonna tell 'em?"

"How about we at least try to find the thing first?" Dally said, getting up and scanning the aisles.

"Right. Everyone split up-"

"No need." Dally said, pointing to Jenna who had a fussy Ally in her hands just a few feet away.