Chapter 8

~*~Month 3~*~

"This book says she should be walkin' soon." Pony said, smiling as he held it up so Two-Bit could get a good look at the cover.

"She's a doll, though. She'll walk when she wants to." Two-Bit snapped a bit. Ally crawled up to them and reached up for her mother to hold her.

Ponyboy smiled and pulled her up onto his lap. Ally cooed and grabbed at the chocolate cake that was in her father's lap.

Two-Bit pulled it away from her. If there was one thing he was greedy about, especially to babies, it was chocolate cake.

Ally sat back on the floor and, with a pout aimed at Two-Bit, crawled away to the table where she gripped the edges. She pulled herself up- Pony and Two-Bit paid no attention because she did that often, only to sit right back down.

Today was different, though, because she started walking from the table back to the couch, not falling at all.

Pony jumped up and caught her just as she stumbled back a little. Her small hands wrapped around his thumb and she pulled out of his grip, smiling and placing one hand on the cushion of the couch.

"Those books were right, then." Two-Bit said with a smile on his face.

"Yup." Pony smiled as Ally walked back to the kitchen, where Soda was preparing lunch for him and Steve to take to work.

Soda did a double-take, looking at his niece standing by the door.

"Pony, she's walkin'!"

"I know that, Soda!"

"Is... Is that safe?"

"Yeah, Soda! Baby book says she should be walkin' by now!"

"Shove the book, she ain't a baby, she's a-"

"She's a what?" Pony almost hissed. Soda closed his mouth and continued cooking.

"Uncle 'odapop!" Ally exclaimed, giggling with delight and walking towards Soda.

Soda looked down at her and smiled.

"Hey, Munchie!" Sodapop scooped her up as he pushed the wrapped sandwiches to the side, setting her on the counter.

"Sa'ich?" Ally said, pointing to the wrapped sandwiches.

"Yup, those sandwiches are for Uncle Sodapop and Uncle Steve to take to work."

Ally cocked her head to the side. "'ork?"

"Mhm. Work." Soda set her back down on the ground, waking to the bathroom to take a shower.

Dally strolled in through the front door. She smiled widely and made her way to him, him stepping back a little.

"Woah. Since when could she do that?!"

"Just a few minutes ago." Pony said as Two-Bit kneeled down and stretched his arms out.

"Walk to Daddy, Ally." He said excitedly.

"No, Daddy!" Ally responded, giggling excitedly as she ran into the kitchen.

Two-Bit sat back and stared at her as she ran away from him, shaking his head.

Dally threw his head back and laughed.

"What?" Two-Bit said, getting up.

"She's gonna be a handful when she gets older, is all."

Two-Bit sighed, "You got that right, if she's anythin' like Pony."

"I heard that." Said greaser grumbled from the couch.