Chapter 3: Waterfall

(I'm a lazy so I'm timeskipping past Snowdin.)

    Overall, it was an amazing experience in the cute, snowy town of Snowdin, but very cold. After convincing Papyrus not to take them to Asgore, King 'Fluffy Buns,' you were able to advance to the caves beyond the snow.

  The cool, wet caves seemed to have a mysterious secret behind it. Something seemed... Hidden within its walls. The aura given off from the monsters gave (Name) goosebumps up and down their arms. Everything was dark except for the light that the occasional lantern or glowing water gave off. The 'stars' on the ceiling of the caverns also gave off a faint light, and they also seemed to be twinkling.

   As (Name) read in a book in the Librarby, the music that they could hear was manifested from monster souls. It wasn't in their head, everyone could hear it. The music that these caves gave off was aerie, but gorgeous.

   After walking for a few minutes, (Name) noticed some flowers. They matched the same color scheme as the stars. They seemed to be repeating conversations, but each flower repeated the same line over and over again. (Name) walked along the path, listening to the fading words. A little voice in the back of their mind whispered something to them.

  'Echo flowers.'

  This just intrigued (Name).
Where did they know those words from? They had never seen echo flowers before. Much less heard of them. There's not many talking flowers on the surface... So where did they know the name?

  (Name) shook it off and continued walking. They turned a corner and was shocked to discover a room full of echo flowers, all completely silent. They looked around, and by nothing but the faint glow of the flowers, (Name) made their way to the center of the room were there was an empty patch of floor space, just large enough to lie down on. They sighed and heard the flowers sigh back. And sigh back again. (Name) giggled slightly, causing the flowers to giggle as well. After a few moments, the music that had filled the caverns went silent. It was too silent.

   The silence was so much that (Name) decided to cause their own sound. They went to one of the flowers and sang a melody to it. It began to echo back the lyrics and (Name) went to the next flower, getting the timing just right so that the flowers made a round. (Name) proceeded to do this until a nice round filled the room. They laid back and began to sing as well, the music filling the enormous cave. Their voice was as sweet as an Angels, and about as heavenly as one, too. A monster or two couldn't help but look into the cavern to see who was creating the beautiful sounds.

  After they were tired of the same melody, (Name) hushed the flowers and thought while the flowers all hushed each other. (Name) wracked their mind for another song, but they couldn't seem to. Then, they decided to sing a melody that just appeared from no where. It was very simple and repetitive, but amazing. It seemed like a lullaby.. But it was one that (Name) had never heard before.

  All of a sudden, there was crying from within the flowers, stopping the flower's echos. (Name)'s head snapped to the direction of the crying. Throughout the sea of blue, yellow petals could be seen. The golden flower from before was.. Crying.

((I AM SO SORRY FOR THE DELAY I AM A LAZY PERSON BUT I SUDDENLY GOT TIME AND INSPIRATION SO YEAH

THE NEXT CHAPTER WILL BE COMING OUT SOON I PROMISE))