Chapter three

"Well if it isn't short stuff."

Seán flinched to see Ken leaning on the bunk walls smirking at him.

"H-hi Ken..."

"Where's Bob? Shouldn't he be here?"

"I uhh.. Yeah I got a new bodyguard.."

Ken laughed bitterly.

"Your accent is pathetic you little Irish twit!"

Seán scowled and folded his arms.

"Hey! Don't call me t'at. I didn't have to let ye on my bus!"

Ken glared at Seán and began to walk up to him, but before he could get any further Mark walked onto the bus, he was about the same size as Ken only he was stronger. Seán walked over to him and semi-hid behind his arm.

"You OK buddy?"

Mark asked, his deep American accent surprising Ken.

"Mhmm, I am now, t'anks Mark."

Mark nodded and glared a warning at Ken before brushing past him and walking to the bunkers.

"Which one are you sleeping in?"

"Uhh... T'is one."

Seán said motioning to one of the taller ones. Ken snickered from the sitting place while fumbling around with a remote.

"Oh and uh Mark?"

"Yeah?"

"Ye can call me Jack if ye want."

Seán said while taking off his rucksack and flinging it on the bed.

"Jack? But your-"

"Yeah I know my names Seán, it's jus' a nickname."

Mark smiled and picked the bunk opposite.

"Alrighty then Jackaboy."

Seán giggled and tried to climb into his bunk but to no avail. He was about to give up when he felt strong hands around his waist lifting him up. He crawled into his bunk and turned to see Mark stood smiling at him.

"T'ank ye for t'e help."

"Anytime Jack."

Mark turned and climbed into his own bunk.

"Wow these are pretty nice."

"Yeah..."

"Are you alright? You've been seeming very off lately."

"Oh I uh.. Yeah I'm good. Ye gonna get some sleep?"

Mark checked his watched and yawned.

"Might as well eh. Are we going on a plane?"

"Nah silly, we're going by ferry to England, I have.... Seven concerts t'ere."

"Good grief."

"I know. I'll wake ye up when we get t'ere."

Mark yawned again.

"You ain't sleeping?"

"I am yeah, but ye sleep like a rock."

Mark chuckled and took off his shirt making Jack bite his lip and look away.

"Fair enough."

Mark stretched, Jack couldn't help but gawk at his flexing muscles.

"You enjoying the view there Jackaboy?"

Jack flushed almost as red as Mark's hair to find him smirking at him.

"I uh... Get to sleep ye basterd!"

Jack said almost too quickly, Mark laughed and turned over. After being satisfied that Mark was completely asleep by the soft snores being emitted from his bunk, Ken strode over to Jack's bunk and pulled away the curtain a little. Jack was layed on top with his earphones in and his eyes closed. He was mouthing the words to whatever song he was listening too and lightly swaying his head and tapping his foot to the beat.

Ken pulled out Jack's earbuds and covered his mouth with a hand before he could call Mark. His fearful blue eyes shot open to look at his attacker, he didn't calm down at the slightest to find out it was Ken. He wimpered a little as he dragged him out of his bunk. Jack fell on the floor and grunted as Ken kicked his stomach.

"Tell your bodyguard to back off! Or you'll get worse this year!"

He whisper shouted. Jack got up, collected his earphones and stuffed them in his pockets before backing away from Ken.

"K-k-ken p-please... T-t'is isn't fair..."

Ken pushed Jack down on the sofa and leaned down on top of him making him cower while putting his hands up in defence.

"It's fair if I say it is! Understand!"

He growled. Jack nodded quickly and wimpered when Ken picked him up and threw him across the room. He tripped over his feet, twisted his ankle and hit his arm off the wall, the same arm he hurt when Ken pulled him out of his bunk.

"You deserve everything you get you little Irish prick!"

Ken said before walking back off into his room. Jack held in sobs of pain and looked at his ankle, it hurt really bad and so did his arm. Whatever the case, Mark couldn't find out.

Jack slowly stood and walked around, confident that he can hide his limp he walked off down to the bunk isle and attempted to climb into his bunk.

"Facks sake.."

He whispered. After a couple a minutes Jack managed to climb into his bunk and lay down again. He checked around to make sure that Ken wasn't coming back before closing his curtain and putting his music back on. He thought about everything that's happened, with Ken, with his family, with his fans... And with Mark.

Jack felt his chest tighten as he put a negative to each one, he deserved everything he got from Ken, he deserved to have been abandoned, he deserved to be harassed and hated... But he didn't deserve Mark, he never had and he never will. Mark was everything: strong, brave, kind. Jack was just a screw up nobody wanted. With that thought in mind, he let salty tears slip down his cheeks and onto his pillow.

~~~

Mark woke to someone shaking him, he fluttered his eyes open then tried to sit up. Jack laughed when he hit his head off of the top of the bunk.

"Shit! Hey Seán that's not funny!"

"Yea it was, and I told ye, call me Jack."

Mark chuckled and leaned over the side of his bunk to look down at Jack.

"We here?"

"At the harbour yeah, get yer lazy arse up and put a shirt on."

Mark rolled his eyes and slipped on his tight dark grey shirt he was wearing earlier on, leaving his hoodie on the bus.

"Did ye enjoy yer dream Mark?"

Mark looked at Jack to see his arms folded, him leaning on the bunk and a cocky ass smirk on his face. He blushed remembering his dream and shrugged.

"Why?"

Mark jumped off his bunk and Jack leaned on him, pushing their bodies close.

"Ye kept moaning my name."

He said before leaving. Mark now he stood wide eyed with an incredibly bright blush that would put Rudolph's nose to shame.