Envy

【RIN】
en·vy
/ˈenvē/
noun 1. a feeling of discontented or resentful longing aroused by someone else's possessions, qualities, or luck.
verb 1. desire to have a quality, possession, or other desirable attribute belonging to (someone else)

  Rin couldn't stand how his old friend smiled down at her softly as she talked about her art. It sickened him seeing her smile up at Haruka after she'd catch his lingering gaze upon her face. It tore Rin apart and he couldn't even say a damn word. The last thing he needed was to be called jealous. Even if it was ungodly true.
   "Hey Rin!"
Rin saw the girl he came to love call out to him. She waved and smiled his way. It made him smile to realize maybe Haruka didn't have her all to himself after all.
  (Y/n) walked over to Rin with her water loving friend right at her side. Rin had to suppress an angry growl when he noticed their closeness. Right beside one another.
  "What are you doing here? I didn't know you hung out here?" (Y/n) asked with a slight smile.
Rin stiffened. "W-Well what are you guys doing here? Mo said we were all having dinner." Rin said quickly changing the subject. How could he explain he had noticed them in a shop together and began following them?
  "Well," She began looking up at Haruka who was close beside her. "We are going to see a movie."
"A movie?" Rin's heart pounded against his chest. "Like a date?"
  "Yeah," Haruka finally spoke up putting an arm around (y/n) shoulders and pulling her close. "What's it to you?"
Rin clicked his tongue. "I just want to know why she'd want to go on a date with the likes of you?" Rin narrowed his eyes at Haruka.
"Just because your jealous doesn't make it okay for you to be a dick!"
  Rin's eyes widened and shifted down to see his crush with a frown. Her eyes narrowed at him. Similar to how he did to Haruka.
  "You can't be mean to people because your angry. It doesn't make me want to like you,and it doesn't make me like Haruka less." (Y/N) said intertwining her arm with her blue eyed friend. "I'll see you later Rin. You should treat people better."
  Rin was at a loss for words as the couple walked away from him. He saw Samantha glance back at him with cold eyes. Rin's chest clench as he saw them disappear into the crowd. Rin envied Haruka. More then he could ever tell himself.
  "Envy is a horrible thing." Rin muttered to himself before turning his heels and walking back to his dorm. Where he'd sit for the rest of the night wishing she was his.
~The End~