The Prison

Out in the woods, I keep a firm hand on my gun. A thin like of sunlight breaks through the trees. Michonne keeps hold of her sword too. Peter whines at the heat, me reminding him to be ninja silent. My legs tire from all the walking we've done. Strangely not encountering any walkers.

A bit later, we've embarked deeper into the woods, when we hear a voice. A certain redneck voice, we've heard quite the few times. "They shouldn't be too far out." Merle says. A few other guys agree. Michonne points out a fairly large bush. We take cover behind it, watching there moves. "I don't think she's here." One of them says. "Well either way we're following her, The Governor wants her dead.

One of them points out the fact that we could jump them, but Merle dismisses the idea saying how we're outnumbered. He never was the smart one. "Stay here." Michonne whispers. She unveils her katana, heading for them. She lobs the head off one, plunging the knife into the others abdomen. Merle starts yelling at us, the moans of incoming walkers come behind us.

I tell Peter to stay put in the bush, under no circumstances to come out unless I say. I aim my gun at Merle, finger on the trigger. I switch to an incoming walker, blowing the brains out. Michonne hacks another, the guts spilling out on top of her. My boot connects with the body to push it off. Merle aims his gun towards Michonne speaking many obscene words.

The other guy that's still alive, regains himself. He reaches for the gun, randomly aiming it and shooting. I hear the sound of the bullet leaving the chamber. A sharp pain consumes my left side. I look down, dark red blood seeping through my white shirt. I cup the blood, collapsing to the ground.

"You dumba**! Not the kid!" Merle yells. I hear Michonne fire my gun, and more walkers coming. My visions blurry, almost like a dream state. My vision goes out of focus, black and back to regular. My whole left hand is stained crimson. I feel my self being lifted off the ground. Michonne, runs holding me in her arms. I loose consciousness for a minute and regaining it again. This happens for a few more times until it goes completely black.

Time Skip

My eyes flutter open, adjusting into focus. Seeing a man hovering over me, I attempt to reach my knife. He touches my arm saying, "Please don't move we're not going to hurt you." I move my neck to look around. A taller man, with blue eyes and facial hair. Two pretty blonde and brunette girls. An older lady, an Asian guy and a boy about my age. They all seem to be stating at me, waiting for something.

"What is this place?" I ask. The taller man steps over. "It's a prison, we're safe here. I'm Rick. Hershel there is just fixing up your wound." My left side is bandaged up and I'm wearing a gray t-shirt. He introduces everyone. The blonde girl is Beth, the brunette is Maggie, Glenn, Carol, T-Dog, Daryl and the boy my age is Carl.

"Where's Michonne and Peter ?" I ask attempting to sit up. "Michonne's over there. And Peter..?" He trails off. I start to panic, and I try to stand up, my I can't. "My brother, where is he?! He's only five." Tears are streaming down my face. "He was following me, when we got closer to the prison and he just ran off." Michonne says.

Rick rubs his forehead. He tells Glenn and Maggie to do a search around the perimeter of the prison. "Just rest now dear." Hershel says. They all disband to cells and jobs they were doing. I sit there, alone for a while. Then I hear the squeak of the door opening. The boy my age, Carl, approaches with a cup. He hands it over. "Thanks."

I sip, the water being the most satisfying thing I've felt in days. "They'll find your brother." He says. "I really hope." My voice cracks at the last word. "They're good, they will." He removes the cowboy hat he's wearing and wipes his forehead. "You a sheriff." I ask. He smiles, "Actually it was my dads. You know I got shot like you."

I set down the cup. "Really?" He pulls the right side of his shirt up reveling his scar. "Hershel saved me, like he did you. You lost a lot of blood." I had noticed that my skin looked drained. "I owe him a lot for that." He removes his hat again, this time setting it on my head. "I must look like an idiot." I laugh. "No." Carl starts really laughing.

"Then why are you laughing?" I take it off, tossing it at him. "Because your laughing." I miss the times when I would laugh like this, it hasn't happened in forever. "Hey Carl!" Rick hollers from the other end. "Hey, I hope my dad lets you stay." Carl says walking out. I lie back down, slowly drifting off into a deep sleep.