Chapter 4

How was he to know her birthday was coming up? She never spoke up about it. Better question, how the ever loving hell did Laito know this? Did everyone but him know? Jeez.

"Ayato? Ayato? Wake the hell up? You okay?"

"What? Oh, yeah. Fine. Just a bit distracted."

"You being you, I'm not surprised there."

"Oh, shut up."

"What has you so distracted anyway?"

"It's nothing."

"It's about (Y/n), huh? Her birthday more specifically."

"How the...?"

"Written all over your face."

"Kinda obvious."

"I thought 'ore-sama' was supposed to know everything about her."

"No one asked you, Subaru. Seriously. Did everyone know her birthday was coming up except me?"

Ayato looked at his siblings. They all looked at each other and smirked. Poor, pathetic Ayato.

"Yes." 

Ayato growled. Of course they did. Bastards. Damn bastards. He just paced back and forth annoyed.

"Whatever. How the hell was I supposed to know? She barely tells me anything anyway."

"Somehow, I doubt that completely."

"Oh, just shut up."

Laito only smirked at his younger brother. It was funny watching Ayato's reactions when it came to (Y/N). Very mention of her made him flustered. Just because Ayato was considered the oldest didn't mean his mentality matched up to that fact. He should know these things. Guess things didn't work that way.

"Why did no one say anything to me about this?"

"Because we thought you already knew. At least, you should know before us."

"Since when do I pay attention to small things like that?"

"You should. Maybe then you would understand these things quicker."

"Shut up. Who asked you, Subaru?"

"Not my fault you're slow in the head."

"Pretty cocky for a little brat."

"Takes one to know one."

"Both of you are being childish."

"Jeez, Reiji. Must you be a stick in the mud?"

"Maybe if you two would stop being childish, I wouldn't need to be so strict. In fact, our guest, Miss (L/N), behaves better than both of you and she is a mere mortal."

"She is?"

"Why yes. She is actually pleasant to keep around. She actually helps around the house, unlike you lot. Cooking, cleaning, laundry. She pulls her weight around here."

"When the heck does she do that?"

"When the rest of you are at school or doing something outside the house. What? Did you think I did everything?"

"Yeah."

"Kinda."

"All of you had best double check things. Anyway, was anyone thinking of something to do because her birthday is near?"

"A birthday party perhaps? I'd love to see her face when she gets a surprise."

"Fine fine. A party it is. Ayato, it's your job to keep her busy."