Chapter 9

Home woke up in the same garden shed from the other night.

A drop of water fell on his nose, making him sit up and stare at the leaking roof, while the door to the shed was cracked and rain poured in near that corner of the entrance and the door shook back and fourth.

He blinked the sleep from his eyes and yawned as if he was just sleeping and woke up from a bad dream, he soon realised he was surrounded by his pack.

All eyes were on him.

Melody bounded over to him and knocked him off his paws, she pinned him down licking his face.

Home wagged his tail at the puppy and Lilith grabbed Melody by the scruff and pulled her away, but her tail was also wagging.

Lou nodded at Home with a respectful welcome, Lion wagged his tail and also looked like he wanted to pin Home down but Lion knew he would probably hurt the smaller dog so he just held himself back as his golden tail wagged wildly.

Home looked at Default with a wag of his tail and a nod of his head towards his friend, Default copied him.

Home wagged his tail, he felt whole again. He felt like he was where he belonged, like a fish in the sea, needing water to breathe.

Suddenly a new pair of eyes glowed in the faint darkness, the pair of eyes was in the corner of the shed and Home looked at the pair of dark glowing eyes that looked much like his own.

He glared at the pair of eyes, they were familiar, yet not familiar

Home stared at the pair of eyes, which suddenly became pairs of eyes.

He blinked, when suddenly he felt a cold wet pelt beside him and a low unfamiliar growl.

Suddenly he and his pack was pushed out into the hard pouring rain, and the least thing he saw before the dog closed were those yellow, dark mustard, eyes staring at him and a white, brown, and black pelt.