Chapter 2

Group Message: Groupies:)

Taryn: who's working tonight?

Winnie: me:)

Garrett: I'm at the warehouse

Tayter Tot: T, you're still taking my shift at 5, right?

Taryn: I may be a little late. Mother wants to speak to me

Tayter Tot: I'm supposed to meet Jenna at 6!!!

Little J: don't worry about it. You can be late. I'll drive myself and get a table

Tayter Tot: you sure babe?

Little J: I'll be fine. No big deal. Really

Tayter Tot: ok:) you're amazing baby!

Taryn: Ew. Stahp.

Garrett: I just threw up in my mouth

Reese: TMI

Winnie: you two only act that way because you wouldn't know Romance if it hit you in the face

Taryn: I know Romance. I'm just allergic to it

Garrett: and I'll have you know I could get any girl if I wanted too

Winnie: like Gracie?

Garrett: key words "if I wanted too"

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

"So what's so top secret?" Taryn asked her mother as she took a bite of honey chicken.

"It's about that meeting I have tomorrow" Evelyn admitted. She opened the takeout box Taryn had set on her desk minutes before.

"What about it?" Taryn asked.

"Well, I have an opportunity to work with a friend's company" Evelyn admitted. "We were close in college. We even dated for a little while before I met your father."

"Okay?"

"Taryn, listen" Evelyn was serious. "You still want to be an event planner, right?"

Taryn's eyes widened. "Mom, you know that's what I've wanted to be since I was a little girl. I've always loved going to your events."

Evelyn wore a proud smile. "Well, this friend of mine runs a very successful business, you could say. It's actually more like a big corporation."

"Really?" Taryn asked excitedly. She knew her mother's biggest dream was to plan for multi-million dollar companies.

"I know!" Evelyn beamed. "This is a huge opportunity! Tomorrow I'm meeting with the board and I'm going to present a portfolio of some of our most successful events. If they like it, they are going to put me in charge of planning one of their most well known banquets!"