34

"I told you, I'm fine," I assured for about the tenth time. "Just focus on saving Lydia."

"Kara-" Stiles started.

"Stiles, leave," I said firmly before glancing back up to Liam and Scott, who were watching me carefully. "For gods sake just go I'll be fine."

"We'll be at Scott's, okay?" Liam informed. "If you need anything, just ring."

"Okay, I got it," I huffed impatiently. They had more important things to be focusing on than me. I watched the three of them share a worried glance before Liam shook his head.

"I don't know about this. Maybe I should stay."

"Liam," I snapped a little too harshly. "Liam, just go," I grabbed his hand, giving him a small smile. "I'll call you if I need anything, I promise."

Liam exhaled harshly, causing Stiles to place his hand on my younger brother's shoulder. "Come on, let's go."

Reluctantly, my brother turned around and headed out of my bedroom door with Scott and Stiles, closing it shut behind him. I sighed, waiting until I knew they'd gone, before reaching over and grabbing my laptop. I'd just logged in when there was a loud knock at my door, causing me to groan. "I told you guys to go!" I yelled out, grabbing a pillow to throw at whoever had defied my orders.

"Sorry, no can do, sweetheart." My whole body tensed up as the door opened to reveal Theo. His infamous smirk was plastered over his face as he stood, watching me. My eyes flitted over to my phone and Theo raised his eyebrows. "I wouldn't do that if I were you."

"What are you doing here?" I asked, annoyed by the undertone of fear in my voice. Of course, I was scared. The night he left me and Lydia in the woods alone was the most terrifying night of my life. I was never going to be able to forget that. The fact that he could still walk around like none of that happened absolutely petrified me. I was starting to regret sending the others away.

"Kara, whether you like it or not, you're part of my pack."

"I'm not part of shit," I snapped. "Get out."

"You're one of us now."

"One of us?" I shook my head, shoving the laptop off me and placing my feet on the floor, standing up. "Theo, what the hell are on about?"

"I'm surprised they haven't told you yet," he said, tilting his head to the side. "But I think you already know what I'm going to tell you."

Theo was right, I had been suspicious since Scott and Liam had started acting weird in the hospital. What Scott had said, "I'm going to talk to Theo and find out what they did." 

What they did. I knew what it meant, I just didn't want it to be true. "What happened?" I asked. "After I blacked out, what happened?" Theo didn't say anything for a moment, which only irritated me further. "Theo!"

"You've been hearing things clearer, haven't you? Feeling things, smelling things. A lot of your senses heightened, right?"

I squeezed my eyes shut, feeling my heart completely sinking in my chest. There was no way that this was happening. "Please-" I started, my voice choking up. "Tell me this is all just a coincidence."

"Kara, you're stronger now. You can do so-"

"No!" I exclaimed, cutting him off. "I didn't ask for this. I didn't ask for any of this!" I furiously stepped closer to him, my eyes levelling with his. "I don't want to be like you."

"Me and you," he started. "We're powerful now."

I shook my head in disbelief, my hands flying to my head as I realised how much of an idiot I had been. I let Theo in. I let him manipulate me. I let him use me. I was just a pawn in his stupid game. "Stop, just stop. This was part of your game from the start, wasn't it?"