Prologue

The sky was a deep shade of black, painting an endless void across the sea of a sky. Bright stars glittered and flaunted among the sky, making themselves known to the cats that resided below. On the ground is where four cats sat in the midst of a small clearing within a forest. One small ginger she-cat with a white paw sat grooming herself, a large brown tabby tom resting next to her. Across from them was a pitch black cat that was dark as the night sky above them, and a golden-furred tom who seemed to be itching to speak.

All at once, a silver tabby pushed through the brambles, his blue eyes intelligently scanning the small clearing. "Finally, you've decided to join us, Jayfeather," the ginger she-cat meowed, sitting up and staring at the tabby. Of course, this earned her an annoyed scoff from the male.

"I have better things to do them discuss our feelings in the middle of the forest, Squirrelstar," Jayfeather replied coldly, sitting down. He had always been harsh, even to his litter mates. It was just his personality, so his aunt didn't take it to heart.

"Oh, quiet down, mouse-brain! You know this is important, otherwise you wouldn't have met us out here!" The golden-furred tom mrrowed with amusement, flicking his tail back and forth.

"Lionstar is right, Jayfeather. You know you love us," the black she-cat winked at her brother, who huffed with annoyance as he licked at his chest fur. Once entering Starclan, he had gained eyesight, which had been extremely new for him, but it didn't cease his grumpy attitude.

Finally, the brown tabby stood up, authority and power practically oozing from him. "Hollyleaf, Lionstar, Jayfeather, Squirrelstar, I'm glad you've all decided to join me here. As you know, there is an important matter I wanted to discuss with you," he bellowed, nodding at all the cats who were listening. "Well, this definitely doesn't have to do with the four clans at the lake, but an issue with a group of cats much farther away."

Bramblestar saw Squirrelstar's eyes widen before he continued on. "These cats don't know the ways of the clans, and they might as well just be considered a group of rogues. They have a leader and a healer, but once they both die, the group will fall into turmoil. I've decided to take it upon myself to help this group of struggling cats, and guide them in the ways of clans." This statement caused Jayfeather to hiss, shaking his head.

"You know that will never work! Cats who don't believe in Starclan won't take advice from Starclan, especially ones who don't know who we are! These cats are ignorant in our ways!" The silver tabby hissed, tail lashing back and forth as he rustled the leaves on the ground.

Bramblestar held up a paw, silencing his nephew. "Listen, there are a couple of cats who have been taught about us. Since they're rogues, they had to come from somewhere, right? Stories have been passed down, so if they even have a sliver of hope in us, then they might believe us. Just hear me out, please?" The tabby asked, tail twitching. Jayfeather nodded, letting the former leader speak.

"So, wait! These cats are going to die off, so you want them to go off and form clans, just like how our ancestors did? So, four cats get the message to go form four clans?" Lionstar interrupted, eyes gleaming with excitement. He had never been involved in a prophecy before! His leadership had passed by without much trouble, and he had simply passed away of old age.

"Almost, Lionstar. I'm choosing five cats. There is an area some ways away from where they currently area that will act as a living space for all five cats and the cats they gather along the journey. However, the warning is the only thing we're going to give them. It's their own job to establish clans and territories, and form families. It's quite like the original journey, really," Bramblestar explained, nodding as he sat back down.

Hollyleaf nodded, licking her right forepaw in thought. "I'm all for it, Bramblestar. I hate to see helpless cats die and wither away in the mountains, so it would be nice to help them out and guide them in our ways," the black she-cat commented.

Squirrelstar spoke up next, her decision had been made when her mate had explained further. "I'm with Bramblestar as well. These cats deserve to prosper in places they find suitable, and I couldn't bear to watch them wither and die off when we had the choice to save them," the she-cat meowed, a small smile on her face as she looked across at all her family.

"I agree with Squirrelstar!" Lionstar chirped happily, being the same excitable furball he used to be. He had always been the most excited out of all of his siblings. Hollyleaf was the second most excited, and Jayfeather was a grump, like always.

"Jayfeather...?" Bramblestar continued on, waiting for the former medicine cat to speak up.

"Fine. I don't think it'll work, but fine," Jayfeather replied simply, his eyes narrowed with a distaste of the plan. He felt he knew Starclan better than all of them, but he wouldn't say such a thing. After all, he had been walking in the stars since he was an apprentice.

All five cats stood in front of a small pool in the center of the clearing, looking down. Their cats had already been chosen, as Bramblestar figured they would say yes to his plan. The brown tabby coughed, before every cat echoed the same words.

"Five must rise, stronger than the rest. And put ancient power to a mighty test. Fail to do so, and you'll take a mighty fall, and your tiny world will be wiped of all."

AGHH!! Guys, this is so crazy! I'm writing another Warriors story, and I'm already in love with the characters I'm writing up. Yes, the five future clans are based off the clans that I've wrote about in the past. I promise this one will get past the first chapter, and if it doesn't, pelt me with rocks please.
Sunny, out!