Chapter 3

At the sound of paws behind her, Whisper abruptly turned around, her green eyes quite shocked to see Reed standing there with an expression of understanding in his eyes. Could he have...? No way, not Reed, he was way too practical for something like this. Did he secretly wish for revolution just like her? So strange, she never would of thought a clear-minded tom like him would want to get away. She was yet again shaken out of her fur when he spoke calmly and clearly. "Follow me," the silver tom said softly, tail flicking in a direction out of their little camp. The two cats' paws crunched softly in the freshly-laid snow, the wind whipping around them, reminding of them exactly what season it was.

Their two pelts were pricked by the annoyance of dry bracken which snapped and cracked as they walked through it to get to their destination. If anyone was watching them, they would probably wondering where they were going; a cat would have to be crazy to want to go out and be active in this sort of weather. The jagged rocks of the mountains and the barren trees were a tiny bit unsettling as they shook and groaned in the winter wind. Whisper followed a few paw steps behind Reed, her pelt bristling as the wind nearly knocked her over from its sheer force.

The two stopped at a small covering with plenty of underbrush to slightly shield them from Mother Nature herself. "You had the dream too, didn't you?" Reed asked, blue eyes staring at her quizzically, tail curled gently around his paws as he sat before her. The tom was not that much older than her, at least, he didn't look that much older. However, she was too taken aback by his question to actually ask her other question.

"Y-you mean the one with the strange cat?" Whisper asked dumbly, head tilted to the side as she waited for his response. The black she-cat was slightly cautious, the nervousness evident with her body language; she was consistently shifting on her paws, and her tail twitched every now and then with a spike of anxiety.

"Yes, so you're telling me you did have this dream?" Reed asked, whiskers twitching impatiently as he waited for the other to answer. He had already found one of the other four? How was that even possible? They had just had this dream and they were already working to solve it, but they needed to do it fast. If the prophecy called for them leaving soon, then they needed to find the other cats within this moon. If not, they had very little chance of surviving this supposed catastrophe.

"Of course. The whole 'prophecy' thing, right? Do you know of anyone else who might be a possible suspect?" Whisper asked, voice reaching with a sort of desperation in her words. She didn't want to die, not here, in these cold, dreadful mountains. She wanted to be where everyone knew who she was, happy and carefree with the sun glistening down on the mossy patches in the cave where their entire clan was located.

Reed shook his head, noticing the desperation in the lining of the she-cat's voice. "I'd like to keep this on the down-low for as long as possible. I don't want anyone to be getting freaked out, especially Light, since she's so close to kitting. It could send her into shock and I don't know what we would do then. Sage is practically dry out of herbs, since the animals and the frost destroyed all of her storage, so the possibility of saving a cat if they fall ill is very, very slim," the silver tom meowed wisely, noticing the respect glistening in the black cat's green eyes as she listened to his words.

"I understand."

Back at camp, there was a strange atmosphere that had settled throughout the clearing. Everyone was waiting for Reed and Whisper to get back, especially since they didn't announce their intentions and had simply left. Dusk was already on edge, Light had been in constant pain since she woke up from her rest, and Sage feared she was having contractions. Dusk was bristling with fear and anxiety, and Sun continued to give him words of comfort, even if he had never had a mate who had went through kitting before. The tortoiseshell tom wanted to tell Sage badly about the dream, so when Light fell back into a sleep, her body weary from its consistent spasms and jerks, he visited her in her den.