Chapter 1

Deep in her dreams, Whisper chased a butterfly, following it deep into a cavern. It had a waterfall and many different holes residing in it, and when she entered, she realized there were lots of other cats that she didn't recognize. "Hey Whisperstar!" One she-cat greeted, dipping her head respectively as Whisper passed her. 

"Whisperstar? Huh, what kind of mouse-brained name is that?" Whisper said aloud, then running straight into a cat with a silver pelt and wise blue eyes that told you he had seen a lot. "Woah, I, sorry about that!" She said, her pale green eyes wide with worry. That was so rude, Whisper! She saw his tail flick with annoyance before he took a deep breath and began to speak.

"Hello, Whisper. My name is Jayfeather. I come to bring you a message from the wise ancestors of cats known as Starclan," the tom spoke, watching the she-cat with his careful eyes. He didn't know if she would accept her fate, but she had to if this plan was to carry out.

"Starclan...is that like a group of dead cats? Wait! You're the group of cats that have all the powers, and give messages, and oh wow I'm getting a message just like the cats in the stories!" Whisper squealed, tail waving excitedly in the air as Jayfeather rolled his eyes.

"You don't have much time, Whisper. Hear me out, and hear me well. This will be a hard decision, but a right one in the end. Five must rise, stronger than the rest. And put ancient power to a mighty test. Fail to do so, and you'll take a mighty fall, and your tiny world will be wiped of all," Jayfeather's voice echoed around the cavern, and all of a sudden she realized that all the cats around her were dead. She shrieked, the area around glowing with light before she woke up yowling in pain. 

At the same time, Sun was running everywhere. He was in a hollow in a beautiful meadow surrounded by lengths and lengths of area to run and romp. Then, there were more cats. All of them had a nice system flowing it seemed, with a pile of prey far higher than what his current group had. "Wow! Look at this go!" He exclaimed, large tail swishing back and forth happily. However, he stopped once he saw the gaze of a cat who looked a lot like him, but seemed to glow in a way. "Sun, I need to speak with you," the tom meowed, his voice deep and strong like a leader's. "My name is Lionstar, and I come from Starclan to speak with you. Starclain is a group of ancient cats who have all passed on, and we decided it would be best for you to interpret this message to the best of your abilities. You don't have moons and moons of time, Sun. Use your days wisely.  Five must rise, stronger than the rest. And put ancient power to a mighty test. Fail to do so, and you'll take a mighty fall, and your tiny world will be wiped of all," Lionstar echoed, his eyes glowing with a power and force Sun had never seen. The hollow was then empty, no birds were signing, and it seemed that the whole world was standing still. A harsh wave of black liquid sloshed down into the hollow, drowning Sun as he woke up gasping. 

In Reed's dreams, he was trotting around with happiness. The wetness and squish of the water beneath his paws filled him with a joy he had never felt in his entire life of living in the mountains. He played in the water for a moment, before he realized there was a she-cat next to him, smiling at him and splashing him with water. "Hey!" He squeaked out, playfully lashing his tail as he crouched down to pounce on the she-cat. He was stopped by the feeling of a tail on his shoulder, in which he turned around and looked to see a large brown tabby who's stare could force him into submission. 

"Reed, this is very important and I need you to listen to me," said an all-black she-cat who kind of reminded him of Whisper, though her eyes were a lot darker. "My name is Hollyleaf, and I come from a place called Starclan. It's filled with cats who have long since passed, and I have come to give you a message. You don't have much time to interpret it if you want to live.  Five must rise, stronger than the rest. And put ancient power to a mighty test. Fail to do so, and you'll take a mighty fall, and your tiny world will be wiped of all," the cat bellowed, her green eyes boring into Reed's blue ones. Once she was done, Reed turned around to see the she-cats throat slit open, and a huge darkness swept over him before he awoke with a start, wildly looking around the den.

Dusk was having the best dream of his life. In fact, he was in a place he had only ever imagined. It was swarmed with cats, all who recognized him by name, but with a "-star" at the end. It was strange, but he enjoyed the cats' friendliness towards him an the signs of respect. It was like he was Bear in their eyes. He nodded and dipped his head in respect, before jumping up on to a large rock overlooking the entire camp that also had an amazing view of the sunset over the mini desert. "Dusk."

The tom jumped, the voice clearly scaring him out of his fur. There sat a dark brown tabby, who was brimming with power and experience. "There is something important coming, and you must be made aware of it. I'm Bramblestar, former leader of Thunderclan, and current resident of Starclan. Interpret this as you wish. Five must rise, stronger than the rest.  And put ancient power to a mighty test. Fail to do so, and you'll take a mighty fall, and your tiny world will be wiped of all. I believe in you," everything vanished, and the tom was buried under a flood of leaves that invaded his mouth and choked him. He woke up coughing, an awful itch in his throat.

Leaf pranced around the forest, chasing a squirrel up a tree before pausing as the squirrel morphed into a cat before her eyes. It was a she-cat as it looks, with bright ginger fur and a white paw that made her seem very unique among other cats. "Hello, Leaf. I am Squirrelstar, and I've come to give you a clear and direct warning from the cats of Starclan.  Five must rise, stronger than the rest. And put ancient power to a mighty test. Fail to do so, and you'll take a mighty fall, and your tiny world will be wiped of all," the she-cat bowed, a spark in her green eyes as the world went dark. Leaf woke soundly, shaking herself with a sick feeling in her stomach.

And that was that. Five cats lie awake in the den, frightened out of their fur and clearly shaken. Just when they thought that things couldn't get any worse, things got a lot worse. And no one knew what to do about it.

Hiiii~! It would be super nice if you could vote on this story, and add it into your library. You'll get to learn more about the cats in the next chapter, but you can obviously tell a bit about their personalities from this chapter, as well as their personal interests. Love you guys, and see you soon!

Sunny, out!