one

Jin|>

I was turned down. Again.

What was it? Was it the fact that I was wearing a pink t-shirt?

Was it the fact I dressed casually rather than formally? I couldn't think of any other reasons so I sided with the fact that I wasn't the decked out professional type.

I furrowed my brows in frustration and sat on a bench alongside the sidewalk, waiting for a bus to take me home.

But besides my frustration, I was disappointed in myself.

I would have to rely on my old grandparents to pay my rent again this month. I really didn't want to pressure them.

Of course I hadn't asked them if I was, but it was obvious that my failure to maintain a position such as a job was affecting them.

I knew all of this negative thinking wasn't going to do me any good, so I leaned my head back and breathed out. I relaxed and thought about other things such as the groceries I would need to get soon.

When suddenly I got this craving for something sweet. It wasn't chocolate, or anything like a chewy gummy bear. Something else.

I looked around, searching for a store name that I remember passing not to long ago.

When I spotted it, it clicked in my mind what I wanted.

A lollipop.

//short first chap sorry not sorry