Chapter 4

I couldn't help it. His eyes were like none id have ever seen. I watched as they changed from his beautiful blue to red as he kept his eyes on me. His fangs grew, poking out from just under his lip. Discarding my bow on the ground I slowly walked up to him. Curiosity got the best of me as I lifted his lip up a bit to look at his fangs. All anger was gone and my attention focused only on him.

"Do they ever hurt you?" Really!? I just asked this cute vampire in front of me that!? Get a grip Paige! His chuckle brought me out of my mental scolding. His laugh was so deep and charming, i could just listen to it all day and never get tired of hearing it or the shivers it sent up my spin-

"Actually they do if you bite yourself, or another Vampire bites you. The venom burns you either way. It wont kill you but it's like a human or do-Merewolf burning themselves on a pan." He explained. Smart guy corrected himself at the end.

He took my hand that had moved to his cheek when he spoke, into his own cold one. I gasped as the familiar tingles shot up through my hand. No... It couldn't be. James' eyes began to glow showing off the gold specks hidden in the red. "Mine!" He growled as he pulled me closer to him. A chests were pressed closed together leaving no room between us.

"W-what!? What do you mean yours!? I certainly don't think so mister!!" Placing my hands on his chest i used my Merewolf strength to try and push away from him which only angered him.

"Where do you think you are going!?" The way the words rolled off his tongue had me shivering in pleasure but how? This whole thing was making my anger rise again.

"Back to camp to make a plan to find my mate and bring him back home!" I spit between my now gritted teeth.

His chest heaved as he tried to calm himself. "You are mine and mine only Paige! You understand? My soulmate not his!"

"How James that doesn't even make sense! It's not possible to have two soul mates ... Is it?" My tone lowered as I thought things over. Any time Kale and I talked about mates in the past there was nothing about having more than one mate.

James scoffed, "Of course not. He's not your mate, I am! You'll both learn that soon enough." I was about to argue my point when I heard one of Rhett's girls scream. I looked over to James nervously. His eyes met mine probably mirroring my same expression. Mouth wide open, eyes clouded with fear and shaking a bit. Not in fear, but in anger for anyone touching them.

Grabbing him my his shirt sleeve I pulled him towards the scream, breaking into a run once i smelled smoke. I skidded to a stop once I entered the clearing where our camp was, James right behind me.

Everyone was fighting at least two people at a time. We were easily out numbered and caught off guard. Not off to a good start there guys. What really caught my attention was the fact that the three were being pulled off into the bush by a man who certainly was not lacking in the brawns department. I began to shake with purr rage seeing the tears and fear I'm their innocent little eyes.

Instead of feeling the heat of rage that surges through me when i shift, I felt my lips pull back over my teeth and let out the loudest hiss possible. Everyone stopped fighting and turned towards me with puzzled expressions. What on earth is going on here.

*************

Hey guys,

I'm so so so sorry for not updating. Life has been hectic here at home but now that it's settled down i'm hoping I can post more often for all of my stories.

Again i'm so so so so sorry.

Please forgive me a keep reading!!

Vote, Comment

Love you all,

Harley