Chapter 1.

Incase you skipped Introduction
You cannot read this book as
'STAND ALONE'

Read LAB first! Thank you!

***

Unedited.

~Playlist for this chapter~
Sucker - Jonas Brothers.

~For all my Hindi Listeners~
Offo - 2 States.

***

Chapter 1 : Hate at First Sight.

~Yash's POV~

I checked my phone for the third time in the last few minutes, waiting for the small tick to turn blue. I couldn't remember the last time I sat glued to my phone, pathetically waiting for someone's reply.

I wasn't a pathetic Romeo. I knew the concept of space and privacy.

I just wasn't in the habit of being ignored. And that sucked big time.

I met Shruti via mutual friends in Delhi. She didn't flip her hair or bat her eyelash to capture my attention. She simply flicked her eyes at me before plucking in her ear-phones, zoning me out with the world. She was different than the bunches I had dated before. She played hard to get and I loved it. She was a refreshing change in my life. I didn't do relationships but she made me want to try it out.

Unfortunately, two months into our bliss honeymoon phase, my parents dropped the news of me shifting to my nana's for further education. I couldn't understand why, Delhi had some of the top-notch colleges of India, and yet I complied with their wishes.

(Nana - maternal grandfather.)

Shruti and I decided to try out the long-distance relationship.

Unfortunately, I skipped the manual of how the long-distance worked.

It had been a week since I had settled in Mumbai and had barely exchanged a steady text or two with her. Phone calls didn't last for more than ten minutes and we eventually ran out of topics. Her constant background commotions would highlight her busy social life.

I wondered how long this will last before either one of us called quits.

"Here you go..." Arnab, my cousin, unceremonially dropped on the chair on my right before placing two large cups of milkshake on the table. I took a tentative sip out of mine before sighing.

"You dragged me out of this house and forced me through an hour drive to this cafe for these milkshakes? Arna makes better than these."

And Arna was just a ten-year-old cousin of mine.

"This cafe is a hot spot for blind double dates."

Of course, my asshole of a cousin wouldn't have brought me to simply taste some fruits blended with milk and ice.

"I have a girlfriend." I hissed as he took large, messy, noisy gulps out of his cup, some of his milkshake running down his mouth and onto his T-shirt. I grimaced.

"Look, your 'girlfriend' doesn't care for you. She hasn't replied back to your yesterday's text, has she? And let me tell you she was online-"